Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's in LW11?

So what's in LW11?

If I buy LW11, will I need plugins like Sasquatch, C4, or the great DP stuff?

What formats does it load/import and save/export?

If I go with 32 or 64 bit, are there any tradeoffs like in 9.X? 64bit means extra memory, but no Sas or QuickTime...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

creamy caramel centers

You should download the trial version and try it out for yourself.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Do I need Sasquatch with 11?
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

It's a real question. I don't want to have to install and reinstall different versions of Windows just to find these things out...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

32bit runs in 64 bit
    ...or to be clearer, 64 bit Windows can run either 32bit or 64bit LW.

You don't have to install different versions of Windows, just different versions of LW, which you might want to do anyway for plug in use.

but no...Quicktime will not work with 64bit LW (AFAIK) I believe it does work with the 32bit version.
    Last edited by Dexter2999; 02-21-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Do I need Sasquatch with 11?
    I read somewhere on these forums that Sasquatch has been broke since version 10.1 and still is with 11. You might want to do a search for that info. Chuck has also stated that FiberFX has some issues that will get resolved with SP1. Apparently hair is an issue for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    I read somewhere on these forums that Sasquatch has been broke since version 10.1 and still is with 11. You might want to do a search for that info. Chuck has also stated that FiberFX has some issues that will get resolved with SP1. Apparently hair is an issue for the time being.
    Doh! I was hoping for nice grass...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

I urge you to download the trial and download the trial content.

As for grass there is a very nice demo scene with 3D grass using Instances. Way better way then fiberfx anyway.

I Installed the trial right along side my registered 10.1 and found things to be to my liking, so we bought the new version right away.

doh! I was hoping for nice grass...
    :-)

Well then you are ready for Lw11 Instancing, easy grass with billions of polys which is better way of making grass anyway than any fibers could do.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

oh corks
    Instanced grass can look very nice:
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=101604
    ...and in 11 you don't need a plugin for instancing.

thereīs an instancing scene with grass within the lw trial I think, looked quite good.

The shadow caster for getting shadows on background compositing is really sweet, simple but a workflow saver.

Lensflares in VPR are really sweet too, nice for tweaking stars or space engines, think it just miss glow behind objects when used in vpr.

Thereīs a nice modeler tool called fill solid, wich letīs you create any geometry or flat polys and fill them with points, actually very helpful to create cloud clusters.

Bullet is quite sweet and easy to use, thou I suspect It might need some more additional node control and interaction with particles in a near future.

Instancing is handled very well it seems, I throwned in a daz figures with bones and animated inside daz, and voila I got several thousands of jumping fools, so it seem to handle that well too with full bone structure.
    Daz figures from the new free daz studio 4, and exported through fbx.

fracture to break up stuff can either be used in modeler or applied in Layout directly.

Havenīt had time to check flocking yet that much, it was a little quirky, but I think It has been solved a lot with the last update..

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Thereīs a nice modeler tool called fill solid, wich letīs you create any geometry or flat polys and fill them with points, actually very helpful to create cloud clusters.
    I don't know that one and I wrote the docs! There *is* a nice Modeler tool called "Align to Plane"...

B
    LightWiki
    --
    Machine spec: Phenom II x6 3.3GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, NVidia Geforce 450 GTS 280.26

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    ...Lensflares in VPR are really sweet too, nice for tweaking stars or space engines, think it just miss glow behind objects when used in vpr...
    Michael
    Lens flares!!!! Any improvement? Are they affected by camera zoom yet?
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast