Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mt first view render

Lovely, I wish I had such glorius huge vistas to gaze on, so nice with mountains and those open deser fields or something.

Completly different terrain here in stockholm, no high mountains, mostly forrests, cobbs, some farm fields in the outer regions, and not to far away from me coast lines with archipelago with lots of small cobb islands, many small lakes etc, I should really go out and take some shots thou, even thou they won´t come close to the grandios landscape you showcase, more sort of smaller charm to it.

not my images, but some commune images from tyresö, in the suburbs of stockholm city, aprox 2 miles away from city, I got a couple of Km to get to this lake, wich we use to live close to, I used to go fishing there at night bringing some (perch?) to our cats.

http://www.stockholmsbilder.se/TYRES...009_large.html

full index over lake area..
    http://www.stockholmsbilder.se/TYRES...rom/index.html

A print screen Map overview of my area, should even do a more zoomed out and zoomed in area, this is only useful thou if you want to track me down beware thou, wolf has actually been seen at the small national park within the red marking boarder, the red round mark is an aproximation of where exactly I live, the red arrow shows the lake where the images above is taken. to the right is the beginning of the archipelagos wich extends much further out and this is the baltic sea.

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tyresö.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	516.2 KB 
ID:	105975  

Nice-- Looks like a great area to live and you are right in the middle of all that-- For this weekends trip I had to drive for an hr to get to the start of the trail.

takes me maybe 10 minutes or 15 minutes to that lake If Im lucky with the bus connections, don´t have a car, that would have brought me there even faster.

otherwise I got some other nice lakes around which is closer, but I have to walk trough some woods to get there, so there´s a lot of lakes here, would like to find the most magical lake in stockholm somewhere, but I don´t think my lifetime is enough to go through them all, and visit all charming cobbs in the archipelago would be impossible, at least if I continue doing 3d.

so many lakes and cobbs, and bays reaching very far in stockholm city, the city itself is surrounded with lots of water, some larger green parks ..further in a couple of huge fresh water seas, from where we get our drinking water from.

If I were to cross straight over inwards the land, with a car 3.5 hours maybe, then I would end up crossing the boarder and reaching norway and its capital oslo, would like to go higher up north in norway and try the so called"hurtig rutten"(don´t know the english word for it now), that is said to be one of the world most beautiful places, fjords mist high mountains etc.

Very beautiful places in sweden with more grandiour vistas can be seen up north, that will take much longer time to reach thou, high mountains there too, but no open desert landscapes exactly, it is all forrests here.

how about USA, is there similar coast lines with bays reaching very far in land, with gnarly water areas growing inwards?

when I go with google earth and check it, I can´t seem to find anything similar, or I might have missed it?

Got to hit the sack now though, Nice talking with you about nature areas and neighbourhood living Vistas.

No matter how you try, it will be hard to recreate in cg the beauty of real nature.

Not sure if I would say that Avatar did a mighty fine world, the concept idea was nice, and they had reference from some great areas, but I think they should have gone with a middle thing look between the real and the bioluminence world, just thought that the colors came on too strong and perhaps the color scheme wasn´t right for me.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Whelkn View Post
    I may have used DEM data ;-) any way. This is my home town MT. MT. Graham Arizona
    My first impression before I read your info is "Looks like the Cofa Mountains in SW Arizona." I once went there to visit a grad student doing her Kangaroo Rat studies there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Graham

I havent heard of Cofa Mt Ill have to check it out

Actually, I mis-spelled it. Look for "Kofa National Wildlife Refuge" NE of Yuma, Arizona. Palm Canyon is supposed to be especially beautiful. During my visit Debbie's program director (Terry Vaughan) happened to be there with her. It was his text we used in mammalogy when I was an undergrad at Texas A&M University. Quite a memorable summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KofaNatWildRef.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	111619
    Last edited by PabloMack; 02-16-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12