Thread: Adobe Premier Question

Adobe Premier Question

I am working on our workflow for CES 2012 and want to use a different process than what we use in the studio.

Due to the issues I have had with Speededit in getting a quality mp4/m4v file for web publishing we have been capturing the video/audio with a BlackMagicDesign H.264 Capture device and then editing the capture media in Adobe Premier and rendering to get our published media file.

I would prefer in Vegas to record on the Tricaster and then take the files created by the Tricaster and copy them to our editing suites with Adobe Premier..

Does anyone know if Adobe Premier will injest the 850 created file without some sort of conversion first. I would answer this myself but I am on travel away from my 850, and hopefully someone can give me a quick thumbs up or down..

Todd...

Hey Todd,

Premiere does have to conform the 850 file. It is usually relatively quick and goes faster with more GPU power if you have a mercury supported graphics card.

There is nothing to do other than to import the file in to the bin. Premiere will start a background conform automatically.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Lee Thanks

I'll have to try this myself this week. I'm a huge Premiere Pro fan and part of the beauty of this program is that it reads most formats natively, with no transcoding.