Thread: how about categories on this board?

how about categories on this board?

This message board software seems to have caught on like wildfire; every board I belong to uses it...however, this is the only spot where subjects are not given their own sub-category, and I wonder if that would be hard to do, and/or helpful..

ie, you'd get to the main screen and would see Modeling, Surfacing, Scripting, etc.. and would read and post to the category of interest.

J

Separate categories may mean that you don't get an answer. For example, someone who thinks they know everything about modeling may not bother going to a Modeling forum to answer newbie questions. However if the newbie questions are mixed up with general discussion, then the experienced users are more likely to see them and reply to them.
    Moral of the day:
    Worry about your own morals, not someone else's!

Originally posted by Beamtracer
    Separate categories may mean that you don't get an answer. For example, someone who thinks they know everything about modeling may not bother going to a Modeling forum to answer newbie questions. However if the newbie questions are mixed up with general discussion, then the experienced users are more likely to see them and reply to them.

Hmmm....interesting..I think you're right!

J