Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office interior

Office interior

Hey, this is my office interior render. It was done using LW native renderer. Curtains were modeled using ClothFX on subdivided plane. Image looks a bit dirty and grainy I know, that's my style by the way. Alright, I'll say it, I don't know how to do a clean interior render, fine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interijer.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	99009  

Transform and roll out alesxander's Avatar
    it looks very nice. congrats

alesxander,
    http://alesxander.com

Interior scenes can get choked pretty fast with all those blurred reflections going around especially when combined with radiosity so I have an advice to give how to speed it up. Simply turn off blurred reflections for a surface that is dominant in the scene which is a wooden floor and a wall in this case, then let LW calculate radiosity in a cache, then turn back on blurred reflections and make a final render. This will speed up radiosity calculations very much and won't change the appearance much. This also holds for the light. I was using only one light as a sun which has soft shadows and this also slows down radiosity calculations. So I change it to directional when creating radiosity cache and then back to soft shadow light when rendering. The downside is that I often forget to change it back as can be seen in this render where the shadows stayed hard from simple directional light.

Grain is fine (i like it too) and render is very nice but what bothers me is visible banding on left side wall and light leaks at ceiling and right window frame. But that's kind of hard to get rid in current Lw radiosity interpolation (and maintain medium render times) so it's "normal" for interiors .

good work there man.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

I like it Boris! Your curtains are pretty good too. Most homes/offices have some sort of baseboard around the floor though.

Like :]

to get rid of banding,

-use the lasso tool with feather
    -use glass filter to add a very low amount of distortion
    -if still too much distortion, use the reduce noise filter

-works! :]
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Goreta View Post
    Interior scenes can get choked pretty fast with all those blurred reflections going around especially when combined with radiosity so I have an advice to give how to speed it up. Simply turn off blurred reflections for a surface that is dominant in the scene which is a wooden floor and a wall in this case, then let LW calculate radiosity in a cache, then turn back on blurred reflections and make a final render. This will speed up radiosity calculations very much and won't change the appearance much. This also holds for the light. I was using only one light as a sun which has soft shadows and this also slows down radiosity calculations. So I change it to directional when creating radiosity cache and then back to soft shadow light when rendering. The downside is that I often forget to change it back as can be seen in this render where the shadows stayed hard from simple directional light.
    Sweet render and sweet tips on speeding up interior shots - thanks

I really need to have a bash at using Cloth FX for curtains...
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Thanks, light leaks around the left window are real, they are bounced from the curtain to the ceiling and the left wall, so hooray for LW renderer and my bad for modeling it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Grain is fine (i like it too) and render is very nice but what bothers me is visible banding on left side wall and light leaks at ceiling and right window frame. But that's kind of hard to get rid in current Lw radiosity interpolation (and maintain medium render times) so it's "normal" for interiors .

good work there man.

You are right about the baseboard, there can also be other refinements to the design but this is the level of detail the client wanted at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    I like it Boris! Your curtains are pretty good too. Most homes/offices have some sort of baseboard around the floor though.

Here's the scene file for modeling curtains using clothfx. The trick is to use procedural displacement with higher Y scale compared to the other two axes to get some nice folds at the beginning of the simulation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

how was it rendered

one light outside as a sun and radiosity

This is great. Grainy works here. That was excellent tip for radiosity render. Thanks so much.

lovely render! Love all the subtleties in the lighting. Nice design as well.

Nice image! I like it.

The reflection of the bottom of the picture frame on the round table on the left is interesting as it's very 'cool' in tone (very blue). Do you think it's something to do with the surface on the table?
    Cheers,
    Bliz::..

My homepage
    www.anthonyrosbottom.artstation.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast