Thread: The Newsletter

The Newsletter

Hi Guy's, I teach Lightwave at Hunter Street Tafe Newcastle Australia. I am an avid Lightwave user and supporter. I always tell my students to checkout the newsletter on the Newtek website to see what's happening with Lightwave. The problem is that it is not updated regularly, case in point, it is almost August and the newsletter is still for April, I know it may not be a priority, but it just makes you guy's look slack, and unprofessional. All the best, Richie....

Yeah It's been sporadically updated for quite some time . And yes I agree they should update it regularly on monthly basis even if is just a bump for 3rd party plugins (hint iBounce and AE Link) .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by general_dick View Post
    Hi Guy's, I teach Lightwave at Hunter Street Tafe Newcastle Australia. I am an avid Lightwave user and supporter. I always tell my students to checkout the newsletter on the Newtek website to see what's happening with Lightwave. The problem is that it is not updated regularly, case in point, it is almost August and the newsletter is still for April, I know it may not be a priority, but it just makes you guy's look slack, and unprofessional. All the best, Richie....

Obviously there isnīt any big news

I agree with you, it doesnīt look good, even thou focus might be on something else and perhaps news regarding the software lightwave itself might be to little or under NDA, they should consider keeping a monthly regular update, just to feed the community with a "Living report"
    might that be vague hintīs on the 3d direction or current status of what they are working on, or might that be community info about 3d artists, tutorials, happenings, movie or tv shows etc or valuable plugins.

Leaving the newsletter out for several months isnīt good, and I fear that such inactivity probably might add fuel to rumours/speculations of a dying software...wich fear in itself will lead to loss of customers.

I would say..Better to have something..than nothing.

Michael

Yeah Nt please do regular newsletters. even if news are small, users wanna hear from you guys and keep informed.
    Nemoid | Illustrator | 3D artist
    .::Creating for you::.

Co-founder of

www.lwita.com italian/english Lw forum

The newsletter was always something I looked forward to. It was a way to keep up to date with most things without having to search the forums on a regular basis to keep up with everything.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB