Thread: delete surface color

delete surface color

Once I assigned a color surface to a model, how do I delete that surface or better yet, how do I delete all assigned surface (color) to a model in Layout or Modeler?, I just want to start over on name them?

TrueArt Support
    Press 'q' to create new surface from currently selected polygons, or if nothing is selected, entire layer. Only in Modeler.

In Modeler just select all the surface names in the info panel (all the polygons will hightlight) and hit 'Q'
    Name the new surface (whatever you want to call it) make the colour 200,200,200 and hit 'OK'
    The entire mesh will all be one colour and one name.

[Just seen Sensai's post as I posted mine]
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

Okay made a note of that saving the note..thanks all

this is a good question. Is there a way to select a surface from the surface pannel and that selection will hi-lite all the polys that are that surface? I have been working on surfaces with the same color with very close texure changes that tend to get confusing. When working with nodes the colors are not destiguishable other than the little box in the color picker of the original color in layout.
    I guess the question is- can I select a surface and this selection will hi-lite all polys asotiated to that surface.

Many layers I have I do not have the same surfaces with the coresponding object.

TrueArt Support
    In Polygon Statistics window in Modeler you can pick up surface, and press + to select polygons.

There is Select Entire Surface in Modeler, and in Layout if I have poorly named something, I'll just give the Luminosity a quick blast up to highlight those surfaces.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by netstile123 View Post
    I guess the question is- can I select a surface and this selection will hi-lite all polys asotiated to that surface.
    Sensei has answered this (the statistics window is 'W' by the way) but I just wanted to add something.

A post was made recently with regard to using some of the modeler tools and the numeric panel was mentioned...which led to some suggestions for a layout with certain panels open. I just wanted to bring this up again as it can speed up your workflow immensely, especially if you're using a modern widescreen display at 24" or so....

I tend to have the numeric (n), statistics (w) and layers (F7) open at all times and docked down the right side of the screen with the main modeler window nudged over to accomodate them. Toggling through the points/polys/edges with the spacebar will change the stats window and the numeric window will display all the falloff options when you select certain tools as well as other useful info. The layers panel allows you to easily switch opened objects and layers as well as name them.

In layout I'll often have the graph editor open along the bottom when animating.