Thread: Strange Intermittent Slider Issue

Strange Intermittent Slider Issue

Hi, I'm using a slider control to key finger positions on a character. When trying to add more channels the slider setup interface no longer sees the bones.

I added a pitch channel for each finger bone a couple of days ago. When trying to go back and add the bank, the bones no longer show up in the channel list.

Searched the forum and couldn't find this issue, but hoping someone has an idea.

Even disabling or removing the slider and adding it again doesn't work-- the bones are still not available.

Anyone have any ideas before I bail and just continue manually with the finger posing? I'd really appreciate it.

Did you add any other objects or change the object order after you made the slider? I've run into this problem too and thought it might be related to that but I've been having difficulty replicating the bug.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Now that you mention it, I think I did delete a bunch of stationary prop objects from the scene after creating the slider. I was planning to add them again later after the animation is done.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to go back to the pre-deletion scene and see if the bones show up.

If that's the cause it should be fogbuz'd as it's a really bad bug.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Unfortunately, no joy. Loaded the older scene with all the objects and still no bones. (bummer).

Yeah the same thing happened to me. I just ended up rebuilding the slider channels.

I'd fogbuz it if I knew why this was happening.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

I just ended up rebuilding the slider channels.
    I thought maybe I could go back to the basic rigging setup scene, build the slider there, and add it to the current scene via "import items from scene". I wasn't sure if this would work, but thought it would be worth a try.

I've now checked every iteration of this scene file back to the basic rig setup scene. The bones don't show up on ANY of them?!?!?!!!!

This means I'd have to re-rig the character to get the slider to work-- not very likely.

Very Frustrating! I may just add all the finger bones to an L-Script plugin called Select Favorite Sets. You can make each individual bone a "set"
    in the scene editor and then select it from the list in the Select Favorite Sets window.

Not as nice as the sliders, but better than trying to click select all the little finger bones.