Thread: Editing with time of day timecode

Editing with time of day timecode

Hi I have a lot of clips from different Sony EX3 camera's that where all recorded using time of day TC at a Triathlon event. Now need to edit using the original time of day TC, how can I get Speededit 2 to display the clips original time of day TC?

Thanks in advance

Sorry that I did not found your post two month ago. I don't know my Timecode plugin will help or not since I don't have EX3 with me. Can you check the "NewTek Info" under your EX3 clips directory if there are xxx.TimeCode files exist. If they exist and have the original time of day TC inside it then my TimecodeBurner plugin can display it.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============

Hi Chen thank you for taking the time to reply to my earlier post. I did receive a reply by email from Newtek . Quote "Unfortunately SpeedEDIT will not display any information from the metadata on a clip. The only time code feature SpeedEDIT has is in the filebin under effects > video effects > timecode That effect will display a time code from start of the video clip (ie. 00:00:00) to the outpoint on the timecode (ie. 00:30:00)"

I really do the features of SpeedEdit but there are some features that it does not have that are crucial to my editing workflow. I have now moved back to Final Cut Pro to do my editing. I was just watching a promo clip of the new Final Cut Pro X which now appears to have some of the nice features of SpeedEdit.

It is possible to get the TC information in metadata from the clips and set them into .timecode files and display them. That's what my TimecodeBurner doing.

It is very sad to heard a SpeedEDIT editor headed to another editing software. NewTek should pay a little more attention on SpeedEDIT and improve it. I hope I will not be the witness to see SpeedEDIT become an abandon ware in the near future.
    =============
    Chen Pan

[email protected]
    =============