Thread: 64bit speed edit

64bit speed edit

any chances the next speededit will be 64 bit???

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

64 bit

any chance the next SpeedEDIT will be 64bit???

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

That would be great! I'm just hoping there's a next SpeedEDIT. It's really a great editing program.
    Gary R.
    Sharpcut Productions
    www.sharpcut.com

Las Vegas Toaster
    hoping there's a next SpeedEDIT
    Brett Beanan

Hoping is the word...

...Of the day!
    I love this program, but the silence is deafening.

If nothing happens at Nab - we can all say SpeedDEADed.
    raymond

Quote Originally Posted by rondogone View Post
    .I love this program, but the silence is deafening.
    It sure is deafening and I love SE as well. I was going to upgrade to SE2 but with the announcement of the end of the VT and silence around SE, for the first time I'm seriously considering selling my Newtek system and moving to either FCP, Premiere, or Vegas.

Having started making independent films back in the day with an Amiga 4000 VT system up through this year with VT5 and SE, it will be sad to move away from Newtek. Unfortunately the Tricaster isn't what I need at all and I had hoped Newtek would have pushed the independent filmmaker angle more through the years in the marketing and features with their products. I remember seeing an early Amiga days interview with Tim Jenison talking about how he had a interest in filmmaking.

I always throught that the VT and later SE should have became what FCP or even Vegas is to the independent film community today. But when I talk to others in my field and they ask what I'm editing on - they have no idea what SE is even though they are impressed with the results.

I am very happy with the features that SpeedEdit has and it has become a much loved addition to my workflow. It certainly doesn't do everything that some of the other editors do, but it has a brilliant way of doing it. Unfortunately their are some promised features that could really use a bit of fixin' by Newtek. For example the CG Titler and I'm sure their are a few other bugs that have been reported since the release of SE2.

Will there ever be a new version of 2 that fixes some of the bugs?

Will there ever be a SE3 ????

... but is anyone home, in SpeedEdit development department?

+ 1 for 64 bit SpeedEdit. Upgrading a long dormant Premiere license for now. I will move back to SE the same day Newtek announces an upgrade with 64bit support.

The dwindling SE development is really disheartening. I initially did not mind the demise of my Toaster because I assumed Speed Edit was going to take up the slack. I don't need live switching and mobile production. I just need a fast editor with dedicated developers that are driven to keep up with the competition.

Thanks.

Friend of Prince of Space Ty Whitaker's Avatar
    I too would love 64bit. I hypothesize that some of the weirdness I've had (pausing for a long time or disappearing off the screen) is caused by the different folder structure. Plus I've got 12gigs of ram. My Aftereffects has sped up a great deal.

Oh, by the way, I marvel everyday at the new mpeg encoding. It just screams through a render.
    Ty Whitaker
    Video Production Supervisor. MTSU
    [email protected]

i really hope version 3 will eventually come. i hope i'm not dreaming too much.

Can we see a new 64 bit version of SE 3.0 WITH support for the new Epic & Scarlet Red
    camera's and Canon C300 cameras! Thank you NewTek!

You are very optomistic to think there will even be a 3.0.
    BTW, shouldnt this entire SE FEATURE REQUESTS forum just be deleted? It is all moot at this point. It would be like asking MS to add HD multimedia features to Windows 95a.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    BTW, shouldnt this entire SE FEATURE REQUESTS forum just be deleted? It is all moot at this point. It would be like asking MS to add HD multimedia features to Windows 95a.
    Ha ha ha ha.

Love it!