Thread: LW Hub and automatic save - have you used it before?

Newbie Member

Question LW Hub and automatic save - have you used it before?

Alright, I've been setting the automatic save in the Hub to 5 minutes. Now after read the manual I'm trying to recover a auto saved LWO file. The book claims a "LWHUB" folder is made in the OS systems temp folder. Well, I can't find a LWHUB folder anywhere nor any autosaved files. Any advise on this topic for me?

P.S. The HUB never retained my autosave time after a shutdown of LW. I found and changed the LWHUB.CFG to now always have my autosave set (if it works at all).

Pronounced Inarticulate
    Saved my hide many many times, where the files are saved depends on your Operating System...?

but you should get some clues just by opening the hub, expanding the lines and checking where LW reads your temp directory.

Newbie Member
    Ok, very strange thing I have here. The HUB is trying to save to a folder structure I don't have or can't see in XP. I've changed the XP OS to save temp files to a folder I can see and now the HUB reflects this folder too and made its own "lwhub" folder. Yes, now its auto saved a file to this location. Well, looks like it's all fixed now.

If you ever need to path directly to the TEMP folder on your system, it's really easy to call the environment variable.

Just click on Start --> Run --> type "%TEMP%" without quotes and click OK.

That'll take you directly there, wherever it may be. The nice thing about this is that it's a global variable that will work in any Windows installation. It's the same variable that software installers call to unpack themselves temporarily.

-Tronam