Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OT]subdivisionmodeling.com/forums is now under Kurv management?

[OT]subdivisionmodeling.com/forums is now under Kurv management?

subdivisionmodeling.com/forums were under spam attack and there were some restrictions applyed to posting. This sometimes, could be make one lose it's interest to post. But after talking to management at the time i was able to do a thread of my own (With the Polygon Table etc.).

But today i can't even post in my own thread and others... While i can still post on others... Why?

I was told that Kurv had the hold of the forum right now. If that is true who are the moderators there and is the forum being handled?

There are very great resources there for Subdivision Modeling (The Pole, the Subdivision Modeling Primer, etc...) that are unique and should be estimed. The forum is another gem, since ppl can discuss that very specific topic, Subdivision Modeling, with a specific croud, and come out with new concepts and solutions, like it happened with users like: SomeArtist, Tonjee, Mister3D, etc.
    These help up alot to understand and deal with things when you press 'TAB' in Lightwave Modeler.

Cheers

PS: Sorry to post in NT foruns, but i don't know who is the management there and making a thread is a hard thing there.
    Anyway, anyone that is leraning up Subdivision Modeling should pass by.
    Last edited by probiner; 01-27-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Drifters " come on over my place , hey you , were having a party " , except my sites down atm "installing SSL " might work.

they would also be best upgrading VB .
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 01-27-2011 at 11:02 AM.

I would suggest by-passing it completely and go elsewhere.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    I would suggest by-passing it completely and go elsewhere.
    :agree:

there's a whole internet full of goodness out there!
    if i have hassles with a site i just google up another one!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Javis Jones: Night Crew geothefaust's Avatar
    Well that's odd, last I checked it was run by Glenn Southern.

EDIT: Looks like it definitely has been hit by spam. That's too bad.
    Last edited by geothefaust; 01-27-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geothefaust View Post
    Well that's odd, last I checked it was run by Glenn Southern.

EDIT: Looks like it definitely has been hit by spam. That's too bad.
    I thought Southern ran it too. SDM was almost closed down a year or so ago. I don't think it gets the traffic it used to get but I used to love it for all things subd and sculpting. It still has a ton of great resources but it's been getting spammed for quite a while now. The primer is a great resource though.

Glen runs it, it is Glens site. It is hosted on one of Wes's servers.
    Tim - aurora - Dunn
    WorkStation: AMD64 2x2.8 Ghz / 8gb RAM / Win7-64bit / NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Laptop: Intel i7 8x2Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / WIn7-64bit / GeForce 540M (8.17.12.6780)

Thanks for the reply Aurora.
    This is what Glen Southern mailed me today after i emailed him, asking for information about the posting issues.

"Hi there,

Unfortunately I don’t own Subdivisionmodeling.com anymore. The domain is owned by KURV studios and I don’t have access or permission to access the forum as an admin. The VB forum software is so out of date that the spamming is impossible to stop without an upgrade. Its a huge shame but I can’t really do anything about it. I would love to pull the really amazing threads off there and add them to an active forum with more up-to-date forum software.

Sorry I can’t be more help right now.

Glen"

So my questions is, who's got the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffrySG View Post
    I don't think it gets the traffic it used to get but I used to love it for all things subd and sculpting. It still has a ton of great resources but it's been getting spammed for quite a while now. The primer is a great resource though.
    Exactly, it is still worth the love. And every day has new modelers learning SDS and that have there a good rock to mine.
    Plus, if you want to talk about SDS nerdy stuff, many people there are up to it, more than in other foruns. And it's cross platform...

Cheers

PS: Anyway, lightwiki is also a bit down. Some pages work, others don't.

For both cases, if help is needed, in what i can do, i'm glad to help.
    Last edited by probiner; 01-27-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Glen runs it, it is Glens site.
    Uh....apparently not....

Unfortunately I don’t own Subdivisionmodeling.com anymore. The domain is owned by KURV studios and I don’t have access or permission to access the forum as an admin.
    When you know you're a "cup half-full" kind of guy:

"Sir; they've got us surrounded!"

"Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

Shows you how big the rock is I hide under lately. Mind you I'm not criticizing anybody but me, you know the guy that pops his head out of a hole just long to get it lopped off. LOL.
    Tim - aurora - Dunn
    WorkStation: AMD64 2x2.8 Ghz / 8gb RAM / Win7-64bit / NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Laptop: Intel i7 8x2Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / WIn7-64bit / GeForce 540M (8.17.12.6780)

No harm no foul, Aurora.
    When you know you're a "cup half-full" kind of guy:

"Sir; they've got us surrounded!"

"Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    Thanks for the reply Aurora.
    This is what Glen Southern mailed me today after i emailed him, asking for information about the posting issues.

"Hi there,

Unfortunately I don’t own Subdivisionmodeling.com anymore. The domain is owned by KURV studios and I don’t have access or permission to access the forum as an admin.
    Glen"
    only Alternative / offer I can make to Glen and the rest of its userbase , is to set up A SUBD Group over and 3DJunkies ,youll get your own forum , photos , blogs , files ect mod rights ect

also for added secuirty you can login / register via https://3djunkies.net .

sad to see yet another fourm killed off .

Quote Originally Posted by probiner View Post
    subdivisionmodeling.com/forums were under spam attack and there were some restrictions applyed to posting. This sometimes, could be make one lose it's interest to post. But after talking to management at the time i was able to do a thread of my own (With the Polygon Table etc.).

But today i can't even post in my own thread and others... While i can still post on others... Why?

I was told that Kurv had the hold of the forum right now. If that is true who are the moderators there and is the forum being handled?

There are very great resources there for Subdivision Modeling (The Pole, the Subdivision Modeling Primer, etc...) that are unique and should be estimed. The forum is another gem, since ppl can discuss that very specific topic, Subdivision Modeling, with a specific croud, and come out with new concepts and solutions, like it happened with users like: SomeArtist, Tonjee, Mister3D, etc.
    These help up alot to understand and deal with things when you press 'TAB' in Lightwave Modeler.

Cheers

PS: Sorry to post in NT foruns, but i don't know who is the management there and making a thread is a hard thing there.
    Anyway, anyone that is leraning up Subdivision Modeling should pass by.

Hey probiner,

SubD is hosted on my server but I don't "control" it. I have not made any changes to it at all. The forums need an upgrade and were getting to that in the next few months as we just finished up SpinQuad and some updates to KURVstudios.

I have been helping Glen for a long time now host these sites and try to help manage them as I can. We also host his SouthenGFX site as well.

I will look into the issue over there today but I will need more information from you on whats going on. Can you email me at kurv - (at) - kurvstudios -(dot)- com.

I will go and do some spam clean up now

Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for replying Wes.
    Shame that Glen is not still on board, he did good. If you can do some good to the forum, it's great.
    I don't have much more to report than the opening post, but i'll email you anyway.

Cheers

PS: If there are no mods there, and most posts require approval, you basicly can't post...

PS2: OnlineRender i hope this situation gets solved in the frame that is, but thank you for the offer.
    Last edited by probiner; 01-28-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Well, looks like some sections will be read only until there are moderators... So it won't grow...

Anyway, if it's not going anywere, it's there to read... atleast that =)

EDIT: Ok, i got it... One can't post urls without admin approval... just had to remove them and add them in a edit... (mind blowing... shhh don't tell the spammers...)
    Last edited by probiner; 01-29-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast