Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: again another artist using my work in his portfolio... your work too?

Exclamation again another artist using my work in his portfolio... your work too?

Hi,

some moments ago a new possible client wrote me and informed me that another "3dartist" is using one of my images in his own portfolio.

If you know one of the artists who did the other images on the site, please contact them and let them now...

man im so ... thats the 4th time now.... I will never ever again forget to add a watersign...

link:

http://www.biohazard-arts.com/3d.html

oh corks
    My sympathies. That, as our American friends say, sucks.

If it makes you feel any better (it probably won't... heh...) this does happen all the time and it isn't only you theyre picking on. The games industry is really terrible for it, I know several artists in games who've gone for interviews and had the people interviewing them say "Yes, but we had an artist in last week who said he'd done all of this work you're showing us."

In one way it's a definite compliment. It means they think your work is so good it will get them a job...

Which images did you do that he is claiming are his? I see these 6 pictures on his site:

Old Room
    Lighthouse
    Hit and Run
    Old Church
    The Village
    The Robot

but can't immediately tell which are also on your site. Did he crop some of them down?
    Adam Martin
    my portfolio
    Mac Pro 2x3Ghz Dual-Core Intel | 8 Gb RAM | OS 10.6.8 | ATI Radeon X1900 XT

thanks...

the first times I took it as compliment, but this happens again and again. I worked more than 4 full weeks on the image... mehh Im pissed on

A little bit I feel guilty myself because I have not watermarked it. Well, this will happen never again.

btw.. this is a nice tool where you can search for your images in the net. Really nice.

http://www.tineye.com/

above the ecuator, then, on the right, but not too much
    . that's really disgusting ...

hope you fix that soon , Svenart .

.cheers

Have you asked him if he needs a higher resolution picture The only thing you can do is to tell as many people as possible about it, in forums and with other contacts, so he has no chance to get a job with your work.
    ingo erik moltzen - virtual image maker --- www.im-graphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by ingo View Post
    Have you asked him if he needs a higher resolution picture
    ROFL

I already have wrote him to delete my image.

If only an organization could be formed keeping a list of stolen artwork and the perpetrators and made available to potential employers or contractors. Sort of a BBB of 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by zarti View Post
    . that's really disgusting ...
    Agreed. It is not a compliment but rather theft. Inexcusable conduct by anyone.
    Adam Martin
    my portfolio
    Mac Pro 2x3Ghz Dual-Core Intel | 8 Gb RAM | OS 10.6.8 | ATI Radeon X1900 XT

i'm not fan on over the top watermarks, they devalue renders if done with a sledgehammer.

the only way to stop these things is not to post images..which is really sad.
    other than that only post small images.

some people are just annoying and use other people's hard work as their own, of course they'll fall flat on their face when a job offer comes up to do something similar.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Svenart View Post
    thanks...

the first times I took it as compliment, but this happens again and again. I worked more than 4 full weeks on the image... mehh Im pissed on

A little bit I feel guilty myself because I have not watermarked it. Well, this will happen never again.

btw.. this is a nice tool where you can search for your images in the net. Really nice.

tineye couldn't find any matches to my images
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Send them an invoice for the unauthorised use of your image. I would say a few thousand dollars for use up till that date is not unreasonable. & spell it out that if payment is not received you will contact your solicitor. & get your solicitor to send a letter straightaway regardless of what you said, to demand payment . Your solicitor may be quite happy to do a quick letter for no charge, or at the very worst a small nominal fee.

Or each week send them a letter (print up & pre package a few dozen or so, so they are ready & it’s not difficult for you, to pop a letter in the post, say each monday) demanding payment. It’s worth spending a few dollars on postage. The irritation it causes at their end will give you some satisfaction.
    Last edited by JonW; 01-23-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

W5580 x 2 24GB, Mac Mini, Spyder3Elite, Dulux 30gg 83/006 72/008 grey room,
    XeroxC2255, UPS EvolutionS 3kw+2xEXB

Quote Originally Posted by Svenart View Post

Wow, this is a handy tool. Thanks for the link!

I had a similar experience yesterday. I love the old Swamp Thing comic and wanted to find a T shirt of the character. Did a search and found a T shirt using the Swamp Thing render from my website!! Nothing was changed besides removing my name. I contacted the site and asked that it be removed. It's now gone but wonder how long it was up before I found it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SwampThingTshirt.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	92131  
    www.digitaljackson3d.com

Desktop
    Vista 64 SP2 | Dual Quad Xeon 2.33Ghz | 12Gb | Geforce 8800 GTS 768Mb
    Laptop
    XP 32 SP3 | Intel T7200 2Ghz | 4Gb | Geforce Go 7950 GTX 256Mb

Quote Originally Posted by JGary View Post
    I had a similar experience yesterday. I love the old Swamp Thing comic and wanted to find a T shirt of the character. Did a search and found a T shirt using the Swamp Thing render from my website!! Nothing was changed besides removing my name. I contacted the site and asked that it be removed. It's now gone but wonder how long it was up before I found it.
    You should forward their actions to DC comics. That's really lame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast