Thread: And where is Core?

Newbie Member

And where is Core?

I must be missing something.

I downloaded and installed the trial version. All fine, except that there is only Modeler and Layout, but where is the Core trial? I thought it was 3 applications....

Regards.

CORE is 3 applications. LW10 is two applications.

CORE needs the other two to function. LW10 does not however need CORE to work.
    CORE is still in closed Beta.

You may have misunderstood the "with CORE technology" statement. Advances for CORE (VPR) were grafted into LW10. Thus it has "CORE technology" in it.

Newbie Member
    When you go to the Lightwave product page, there is this big comparison chart that says Layout Modeller and Core*

If you get to miss the "*" in "Core*" then you don't get to scroll to the very bottom of the chart where it says that Core is actually not shipping until 2011.

Although you get access to the Core beta builds if you buy the product, the way the information is presented is still confusing. Hmm, May be it wast just me not paying enough attention.

Thanks for the above clarification. I'll be trying my Lightwave 10 with "core technology" then.

Regards.

Stuff
    You can download the latest builds of CORE from the HardCORE forums. The most recent build available there was in release 2054 I think.
    Last edited by Andrewstopheles; 01-05-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Andrewstopheles