Thread: The Death of Lightwave 10

The Death of Lightwave 10

Lightwave 10 32bit was working fine when I loaded it but when I installed my plugins and presets it just stopped working. You can't even open it. So apparently loading my plugins or presets kills it. They all work fine on 9.6. There are so many I don't want to track down which one it might be. Lightwave 64bit doesn't work at all with or without plugins. I have a HP windows 7 64bit 8 gigs of ram 1tb HD with an ATI radeon HD 4200 graphics card. What's the deal? Can anybody help? If I can't use my plugins and presets then I really have no use for Lightwave 10.

Very much alive here on my desktop and laptop. VPR with volumetrics like hypervoxels, t4D, sweet!
    Reinstall and redirect config files maybe?

This happened to me and I had to work out which plugin it was by adding 1 by 1. Turns out it was jw_edgepack, but there could be other plugins too.
    Win7 64/Core i7-975 3.33GHz/12GB RAM/GTX 670 2GB/Wacom Intuos4 M
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Try adding a bunch at a time till it stops working. I usually have my plugins split into directories depending on function, so I load a directory at a time then start LW and see when it stops working.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

I'd try narrowing down by halves.
    Take out half see if it loads. If yes, then the problem is in the other half.
    Add half of the remaining (keep track of the folder names) try and load again.
    Keep it up until you narrow it down.

By the way, in addition to the above listed problem. I thought I read someone had an issue trying to load the wrong version of Passporte.

Good Luck.