Thread: Problem with saving motions from Motion Mixer ... files are huge.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie Member

Problem with saving motions from Motion Mixer ... files are huge.

Hi,
    I'm trying to learn how to use Motion Mixer, and I have a scene with one low poly object (1800 polys) that is animated over about 3800 frames. The first motion is only 35 frames long, but when I create and save it, the file is over 80MB.

I opened it in a text editor, and it looks like each channel has 3800 key entries. When I created the motion I specified that it was only 35 frames long ... is there something else I need to do to ensure that MM doesn't save out all the frame information for each channel?

Cheers,
    Carpo

That is odd. When I do a test, it only has entries for each key frame in the animation, not every frame.

Are you using the frame range limits when creating the action?

I have had a problem where MM was saving multiple instances of the MM_Driver plugin for some channels (it should only be 1 per channel) which led my scenes to grow by 2 or 3 meg, but not the effect you're describing. Once I deleted the extra instances, it was back to normal.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Newbie Member
    Thanks for the reply Dodgy.

Yeah, when I create the action I choose the start frame as 1 and end frame as 35. This animation does have a keyframe at each frame ... but I still only expected 35 to be saved for each channel ... not the full 3800. When I open the motion file in a text editor, I can see the start frame 1 and end frame 35 at the top of the file, and the name of the action. But all the channels have 3800 entries.

The only way I can get it too work is by using the scene editor to remove all the keyframes for every frame outside of the range I want to capture, for every channel ... which, as you can imagine, is very annoying.

I initially saw this problem after creating 12 actions in MM, and saving the scene. It was over 1.1GB in size!! and took 10 minutes to save ...

Cheers,
    Carpo