Thread: Lscript needed

I'd rather be drumming

Lscript needed

Hey guys. I know nothing about writing lscripts, so i thought id come here and request some help from the pros. What i need is a very simple script that converts camera motions from LW to After Effects. And if someone is feeling realy industrious, maybe a script that goes frmo AE to LW... that would REALY be great. So ya, I cant see it being a very hard script to write.. just collected xyz and hpb values and saving them in a .aek file. So hopefully someone here can help me out. Thanx alot.

Oh, btw... before someone accuses me of being lazy, im a student in visual effects, and i already have a tonne on my plate with matte paintings, modelling, lighting n all that good stuff... so i realy dont have time to learn Lscript n then write one... in case anyone cared thanx guys.

I'd rather be drumming
    im aware of this script, and have been in discussions with the creator of it. however, on a student budget, i cant make unecessary purchases... especialy for software ill only be able to use at school... so u can c y id like a free altermative.

I'd love to help you out - but I'm moving house tomorrow and I'm snowed under with work at the moment. Maybe if you do a bit of research and dig out some information regarding the format of both types of motion data and post them up here, you might have a bit more luck. People'll be able to see then how much work'd be involved in writing the script.

I'd rather be drumming
    hmmm tru fx, but i dont think id even no where to start. my knowledge of such things beings and ends with the GUI for most programs... i have no idea wats goin on behind the scenes. but here is an example of the output generated by the above mentioned script...

Adobe After Effects 5.0 Keyframe Data

Units Per Second 24
    Source Width 640
    Source Height 480
    Source Pixel Aspect Ratio 1
    Comp Pixel Aspect Ratio 1

Position
    Frame X pixels Y pixels Z pixels
    0, 0, 0, -5,
    9, -1.63854, -0.8, -5.1513,
    16, -1.047, 0, -3.02111,
    29, -0.371108, -0.87, -4.02096,

Z Rotation
    Frame degrees
    0, 0
    9, 0
    16, 0
    29, 0

sorry, it comes out a little run together, so i added the commas in there to visual serpate the data...

so thats just an example of the info for the 1st 4 keyframes. as u can c, its pretty straight forward... at least it seems like it to me. as far as i can tell its just making a log of all the LW co-ordinates and such for AE to read. so maybe that will help? thanx again guys