Thread: Bill Nye the Science Guy faints on stage

Once more into the CPU!

Exclamation Bill Nye the Science Guy faints on stage

Bill Nye the Science Guy faints on stage
    By Associated Press
    Story Published: Nov 17, 2010 at 7:22 AM PST | Story Updated: Nov 17, 2010 at 7:22 AM PST

In an Oct. 18, 2010 file photo, Bill Nye, host of television's "Bill Nye the Science Guy", arrives as President Barack Obama hosts a White House science fair in Washington.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Bill Nye, host of the Emmy-winning 1990s television show "Bill Nye the Science Guy," collapsed during a California speech, then got up and continued his presentation.

The Los Angeles Times says the 54-year-old Nye apparently fainted on stage Tuesday evening in front of hundreds of people gathered at the University of Southern California.

Paramedics and campus safety officers responded, but it's unclear if Nye was treated.

USC senior Tristan Camacho says Nye collapsed in mid-sentence at the podium. About 10 seconds later, she says he was conscious and asked the audience how long he was out.

Nye told the audience a similar thing happened to him earlier in the day.

Nye assistant Christine Sposari didn't immediately respond to an e-mail request for information sent early Wednesday.

Nye began his career at Boeing, later appeared on "Almost Live" in Seattle and then hosted his own science show.
    I hope he gets better soon!
    2*TC Mini SDI 5-1-180323
    -BMSC
    -SDI cables
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    "Keeping you in tune with school!"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Let's hope this just turns into a good story he can tell at future talks.

He's a treasure.

I remember watching that show as a kid. I remember thinking how absurd it was that a feather and a bowling ball would fall at the same speed in a vacuum... How wrong I was...

I've met him, terribly nice guy... not a big fan of the idea of nobody going to help him.
    Go TEAM VAD!! \/

shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoGator View Post
    I've met him, terribly nice guy... not a big fan of the idea of nobody going to help him.
    today's college kids.... but I bet they all whipped out their cell phone cameras and had pics and vids posted before he even woke up.

Hopefully he's alright. I liked his show so much more than that other "fun" science show that was on at the time with the guy that looked like Trace Beaulieu and the guy in the rat costume. I forget what it was called.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Beakman's World?
    Go TEAM VAD!! \/

Yes that's it, I just remembered the name. He didn't look exactly like Trace Beaulieu (as Dr. Forrester), I was just remembering the hair.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

I'll never forget one episode of Beakmen's World. Somebody wrote in a question about frogs being used in medicine in the 1800's. They'd put frogs that excreted neuro-toxins into the patient's mouthes to cure some ailments. "Why don't they do that anymore?" "Because putting frogs in people's mouthes makes them croak."

Haha I loved that show.
    Go TEAM VAD!! \/

I missed both of those shows as I grew up with Don Herbert. Fun stuff all around though.

Interesting that Beakman's World comes up in a thread about Bill Nye.

A couple years ago, we were doing the live green screen / virtual set compositing for a Bill Nye show for Discovery Networks, Stuff Happens. During the large amounts of down time, Beakman's World came up in a conversation between the prompter guy and me.

If you remember the show, you'll remember the wild hair-do of Beakman. Since we both had loads of time to kill (and laptops with a web connection), we were surprised to see the "real-life" headshot of the actor:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Zaloom
    Looks like he should be a senator, lawyer, or businessman, right?

For more info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beakman%27s_World