Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radial Arry in Layout - HELP!

Radial Arry in Layout - HELP!

Hi there !

I need to find way how to use radial array in layout to clone lights (Photometric/IES).

I usually use one very old (but great) plugin called LOCO and it works perfect when i can use it but it's 32bit only and i can't use it on bigger scenes (uses more than 4GB) so it's problem. Then i got this new FamilyCloneGN plugin from one LWuser (thanks man ) and it looked like solution of all problems since it's LSCript so it works in 32bit and 64bit just fine. But eventually it proved to not be a solution since it's not arraying as LOCO and lights rotation is not cloned .

Please check this video to see what's the problem (this is simple scene just as prof of concept, real ones are much more dense but same idea).
    http://www.lewis.tomsoft.hr/temp/LW/Loco_vs_FCG.mov

- I can't use light targeting (to target light to null) because IES lights aren't working with light targeting so that's off as solution.

Any ideas how to solve this without going into modeler and making Luxigons. I need to array/clone too many lights and change their positions very ofter and array again and so on and by that luxigons aren't solution here.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Have you tried this one?
    http://earthwormjim.free.fr/lscript/...lay/index.html

The other hack work around would be to still use your LOCO one in a stripped down 32bit version of your scene and do LoadItemsFromeScene into your 64bit one. Does mean a lot of back and forth though.

Found more:
    http://flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1413
    http://flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1284
    Last edited by nickdigital; 08-20-2010 at 03:07 AM.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Earthwork plugin don't have "reference item" which i really need since lot of times object around what I'm arraying ain't in center of world so i use nulls for that.

FB_array_clone don't work either (tested before I posted but didn't write that in post ).

This is basically some of setups where I use it (this is older scene which "fits" in 4GB limit of Lw 32 on 64bit machine).
    http://www.lewis.tomsoft.hr/temp/LW/Loco.rar

I need to check Eki's plug pack if i find where to download files .

thanks
    RAM-Studio

Nope Eki's ArrLay.ls aslo don't have reference item .
    RAM-Studio

D'oh!

Maybe you can reach out to the LOCO developer and really push for a 64bit version.

Or ask the developer's of the other scripts if they can add what you need.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Yep, that was my first idea few weeks ago but didn't get any reply form him. Maybe it's SPAM filter.

his old page got down but new on is here http://www.kevinmacphail.com/index.html which is not updated 2+ years either .
    RAM-Studio

Wish I new LScript...it's nice that they're LScript files cuz you can just open them up in text editor.

Maybe one of our resident LScript guru's can modify one of the existing ones.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

yeah Lscript anyway work in 32/64 so it' snot a big deal but usually real plugins *.p have more options/controls but have this 64/32 problem .
    RAM-Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    yeah Lscript anyway work in 32/64 so it' snot a big deal but usually real plugins *.p have more options/controls but have this 64/32 problem .
    I hear ya. You're preaching to the choir at this point.

Good luck with this.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Lscript for radial look at target.

Hi,

This is just a piece of lscript, it may do what you want, basic idea of select a light and target.

Regards

Iain.

Didn't attach file, trying again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Iain_r but can you say more what "lscript" you are talking about ?

cheers

EDIT: got it now, thx, I'll test now
    RAM-Studio

Ahh sorry but it's not working . It's working actually but that's not what's LOCO doing, i cloned one light from default LW scene 10 times and target item was camera but it just locked out my lights form any rotations ('coz they now move/rotate with camera/target) and it's totally off position and it didn't include default light in calculation which stayed at it's original position .

But thanks for trying .

I got this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cloned_lights.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	87588  
    RAM-Studio

Lewis,
    Thanks for testing, I need to see about removing the target after the position and rotation have been set but keep it looking at the target. It uses the target as the centre for any rotation. I could have a look at changing this to have some co-ordinate input instead.

Regards

Iain.

Hi Lewis,

Had a quick look, I need to work out how to determine which quadrant the target is in compared to the light so that I can caculate when to add and subtract the various co-ordinates. I can manually remove a target but can't seem to get it to work in a script at the moment without it reverting to its orginal rotation. I've tried creating keys but that doesn't work at the moment. I'll keep trying as I now want to see this working.

Regards

Iain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast