Thread: HD Instance + BNR

HD Instance + BNR

Hi,

I have a HD Instance scene, and am rendering with BNR (Butterfly Net Render). I have a few issues I though someone could help with...It works fine without BNR.

First up, the motion file used to offset animation is not recognized by BNR (Is it a case of placing the motion somewhere particular?) or is that a limitation.

Secondly, Only one object is Instanced...eg: I have a terrain object with trees and rocks...normal render all is fine, however with BNR the rocks dont render....

Any help please... HD Instance v 2.1.0, BNR 4.35

Thanks.
    Be careful, you might learn something.

Multimedia & Tutorial channel
    Showreel - 2013

Is BNR is using the same version of HDI as your workstation?

Is your motion file saved to a place that your nodes can access?
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

This is likely to be a paths issue, as nickdigital suggests.

Everything must be in the shared content directory that BNR and the nodes are using.

There is no limitation of HDI and BNR that would do what you are seeing. I've done some of this and had it working well enough.

There are plenty of other HDI/LWSN/BNR issues, but you are not mentioning those, so check your paths carefully before looking deeper.

Julian.
    LW 2015.3 Win 10 Pro 64bit

http://www.take27.co.uk

Hey people,

Thanks for your replies..

I didnt think to check if BNR can see my new plugin...Its clearly my fault, I didnt update BNR's plugins, I went through the wizard set it all up.

I'm currently doing a test render, and the motion file and multiple objects are working.

I tend to copy motion files from the Dynamics folder (thats where LW defaults to...not the motion folder..anyway) and place it directly in the Content folder...BNR seems to find the motion files correctly as apposed to when they are in a folder.

Thanks again!!
    Last edited by Ivan_B; 07-29-2010 at 02:59 AM.
    Be careful, you might learn something.

Multimedia & Tutorial channel
    Showreel - 2013

What may help your pipeline is that instead of manually updating things is to work off of a shared content directory folder.

You can also edit your shortcut files so you can specifically write out where your ext file goes to. At work I write out the ext file to the same place that our render controller pulls from. I also have all the animators path to the same file but restrict their ability to write to it.

This way when I updated our plug-ins I know everyone and the farm are all on the same page.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel