Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An official appology to OnlineRender...

An official appology to OnlineRender...

Dear LightWave Community,

A couple of days ago, I made a public thread here about OnlineRender and his "sick prank" on Skype. I did that because I honestly thought that OnlineRender was not really OnlineRender but someone else, and since I was "attacked", others might have been as well. He behaved very weird in a way that I did not recognize and I did what I felt was necessary and posted a public thread about my experience as a warning to other LightWave users. Given the timing of it all, with virus attacks at SpinQuad (which I visit everyday) I thought that something bad was going on, and this bad thing had infected my computer in a very wicked way. I'm not an expert on viruses or how that stuff works and in what ways others may obtain control over my computer... so I reacted upon fear rather than reason. Obviously I made a HUGE misstake!

Before I continue, I would like to ask NT to remove that thread, please. It doesn't serve any good now, and may cause more damage than good in the long run. So again, NT, please remove it.

Today, through a mutual friend of us I learned that just a couple of days before this incident, OnlineRender suffered from a personal tradegy. What that tradegy was is up to OnlineRender to tell, but clearly it has affected him deeply.

As humans, we all have our own ways to deal with tragic events and I believe that OnlineRender is no different to us.

I truly feel very bad about what I may have caused OnlineRender by posting that thread, especially now when I know why he clearly wasn't 100% himself. I have also learned that his intentions were not at all ill-meant, on the contrary, I learned that he actually looks up to me as an LW-artist, which makes this thing alot worse for me as well as for him.

So...

OnlineRender,

I'm deeply sorry for what this have caused you. It makes me feel bad and when I feel bad, I know I have done something wrong. I hope you will accept this appology. I hope you will come back stronger than ever!!!

I want to finish this letter with an encouragement to all you LW-users out there to send him good thoughts and encouragment!

/Mikael Burman
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Thatīs a nice gesture of you Cageman, always good and a decent to think once or twice about your own posts, to be careful of not affending people by mistake or missunderstood conversations.

Were all people with feelings and capable of mistakes, recognizing that and
    communicate that well to other people is helping oneself to personal growth and gains respect from other people.
    And yeah sometimes we all have bad days..wich unfortunatly might reflect on posting threads.

I really havenīt followed the issue or so and I donīt know what personal tragedy online render had, I hope you two find the respect back for each other again.

as I recall in ancient myth history, different races of people were trying to build a great tower wich could reach to heaven, unfortunatly the races didnīt communicate well due to language problems, and they never could reach heaven.

Thatīs so very true in our world of conflict(recognize that?)
    and personal matters as well.

Michael

I'm sure Steve will appreciate this, very honorable of you Cageman.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Firstly it takes a big set of balls to say Sorry , so appreciate that . . .

Secondly personal tradagy or whatever life surroundings, no matter how extreme ,doesn't exempt or make an excuse for acting in the way I did , so in-turn I apologize sincerely to all and more so to yourself Mikeal .

Today I carry a coffin on my shoulder for the first time in my life ,it's just sadly ironic that it has to my oldmans ,now this cannot be used an excuse for the way acted/re-acted ,and again I apologize prophesly, personally I blame the 3days no sleep 2 bottles of vodka , 5 Pints of Budwiser , Bottle of Lambrighnin , 40 pain Killers and pretty much everything else that was available at the time . . but that's another story for another day .

It's taken me 20 minutes to write this much and I know for a fact when I hit send the page will have timmed out . .

I honestly can't put my words down on paper atm ,I'm going to drop off the radar for little while , recent events have shown me how much of a dik I have became , I have spent too much time sitting infront of a screen and forgot whom and what I am , I have became a nasty person for it , I don't like it ,it's not me ! . . . . .

So I suppose some may say it's the easy way out , and I would agree .

I have some advice/words if you care to pay attention :

Wear sunscreen .

F.A.O Cody , you are LW prodigy , you have something alot of people would kill for , not only the skill but the oppertunity , dont blow it ,grab it with both hands and ride it all night long ,Ill see your name on Avatar 2 .

Kat:I honestly thought it would be impossible to meet someone more Crazy than myself , you are 1 crazy Kat . goodluck

Wes:Nice SQ forums , looks sharp , dont know about the yellow and green logo but its heading in the right direction

NT ) do the community / your company a big favour and offer MATT an offer he cant refuse ,trust me when I say this ,your profit / popularity will go up instantly

Cresshead : the world would be a better place if done more LW videos than MAX

Mikeal : you've got skills and balls

Larry : Be strong ! your work is a credit to us all . "ps the dongle offer still stands "

Shrox : Get a haircut ,it will maybe increase your chances ,just playing goodluck and stop showing off

Wrench : your probably one of the most decent ,honest , helpful human ,I know .

Everyone Else : I'll leave you with this .

Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.

pEAce

if you need me [email protected]
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 07-28-2010 at 04:43 AM.

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    Hey Steve.

I've attempted to write a few things but I don't have any words of wisdom. I hope that you get a chance to 'regroup', take some time out and get yourself back on track.

Take care buddy

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by biliousfrog View Post
    Hey Steve.

I've attempted to write a few things but I don't have any words of wisdom. I hope that you get a chance to 'regroup', take some time out and get yourself back on track.

Take care buddy

Steve
    Sorry I forgot to mention you Biliousfrog ,dont insult BMX owners

Having lost both my parents I know what you're going through dude, hang in there, it will pass, never be the same, but will pass.

Should you need anything, I think I can safely say we're all here for you fella.

Come back soon.

Matt
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

above the ecuator, then, on the right, but not too much
    nice to see two forum members clear up things and reconciliate ...

sad to read about your tragedy , OnlineRender . condolences ... ( i too have passed through that ..)

true that we need to spend more off-screen time from our life .

p.s.: OnlineRender , replace some vodka with water

.cheers

Banned
    My condolences Steve.

I'm with Matt here, he has expressed way better than I could do it.

David

OnlineRender, take all the time you need...enjoy the company of family and friends during this time and hopefully it'll get easier down the road.

Your posts have always put a smile on my face and many times I laughed out loud as well..so be strong, try to take it easy and whatever you do, keep that sense of humor.

All the best,

Kuzey

All the best Steve.
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Keep your pecker up!! What you wrote is deeply saddening... and I wish you all the best in your time away! Hoping you come back stronger and better (and funnier) than ever!!

Take it easy!
    Tim
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Good on the both of you for this thread and my condolences to you OnlineRender.

take care dude, hope to see you back here soon.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

My condolences to you Onlinerender. I guess few people imagine how you must feel right now, but in a couple of weeks I bet I will, maybe even days, who knows. My dad has a brain tumor and went from being ok to barely concious within the last two weeks. I cannot imagine a world without him, but I guess that is a lesson we all have to learn sooner or later.

As I said. My thoughts and feelings are with you bro.

but I am more of a white russian guy. (mental note to myself: will have to buy a new bottle of kahlua soon)
    www.mrwyatt.de
    lighting & rendering supervisor at
    Ambient Entertainment

current project

IMDB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast