Thread: airplane rigging tutorial

airplane rigging tutorial

I am looking for a airplane rigging tutorial, I did a search but couldn't find anything, want to rig in a sort of auto pilot type of thing where you animate the airplane and the control surfaces will automatically adjust according to the attitude of the plane. anything like that out there?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhunt99 View Post
    I am looking for a airplane rigging tutorial, I did a search but couldn't find anything, want to rig in a sort of auto pilot type of thing where you animate the airplane and the control surfaces will automatically adjust according to the attitude of the plane. anything like that out there?
    Cyclist, here's a tut.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/cyclist.mov
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Thanks for the assist, however; I was using it for the landing gear. What I'm interested in is for instance, if the Aileron goes up or down, I wanted the trim tab to remain in a level position, I was thinking of expressions, but I'm not sure how to do it. Unless you can still use cyclist to do that also?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhunt99 View Post
    Thanks for the assist, however; I was using it for the landing gear. What I'm interested in is for instance, if the Aileron goes up or down, I wanted the trim tab to remain in a level position, I was thinking of expressions, but I'm not sure how to do it. Unless you can still use cyclist to do that also?
    Yes, I have done it, that's why I suggested it. The aircraft at the end of this video use it:

http://www.vimeo.com/4164536

Check out the flaps on the rear half of the drones.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.