Thread: audio issue when recording

audio issue when recording

I am recording video through an open DDR and using it for replays. the videos that are captured have audio for later editing, but when I use it for playback/replay, the audio plays back also...I have the audio muted for that input in the audio mixer...I can choose to record the video w/out audio, and it will work, but I need the original audio for later editing...any ideas why this all the suddend happend...
    I have all the latest updates...5.2, drivers..etc...

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Are you using a TimeWarp??

I bugged an issue similar to this a while back. No matter what we did on the audio mixer the audio from the DDR (with a Time Warp attached) came through the final program output.

Is this what you are running into?
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

in a way

not using external timewarp, but I am doing it the manual way. I upgraded to 5.2d and it still does it...now sometimes the audio levels are missing on the input column in audio mixer, but show up on the final out...really weird bug happening here...my next step is to replace new and more ram...along with a new hd.
    Its about time for that anyway, so hopefully it will fix it.
    I did figure out a work around though if anyone is interested...I disabled the audio on the capture, so when I chop a clip it definitely can not playback audio. It gets me by, but I still would like to know whats going on...maybe this will be a fix in a future 5.3 upgrade?????? or cross my fingers and say please come out with a vt[6]HD pllllleeeeeaaassseee

did you ever figure out a solution??? Pizazz