View Poll Results: Should NewTek take over the development of LWO support in Unity?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

104 81.25%
  • No

13 10.16%
  • Meh

11 8.59%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Native LWO support in Unity

Quote Originally Posted by mosconariz View Post
    Philbert, yes, the default fbx exporter was doing nothing at all, not even a corrupt file.

Danner, thanks for the tips!

And Philbert, Thank U very much for your collaboration in the newsletter, I'll check that out.
    No prob, sorry to hear about your strange FBX problem.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

This project finally has been "adopted" by Newtek 3D?

We are still working on it, but no release date for it.
    Petter Sundnes
    Free LScripts

Lightwave + polytrans + unity , lightwave + 3d max+ unity , Lightwave + modo+unity, everything works but I think that a "lightwave + unity" will be very nice and it will be great for the good of the own lightwave, the same way sidefx tried with torque (http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?opti...d=1186&Itemid=).

The point is: In my opinion, Lightwave can be the best option for game development (at least the best option for something), it is easy to use, powerfull and does everything that we need in a game and a step like this may be so important.

Quote Originally Posted by ZE_COLMEIA View Post
    The point is: In my opinion, Lightwave can be the best option for game development (at least the best option for something), it is easy to use, powerfull and does everything that we need in a game and a step like this may be so important.
    I dont know if Lightwave is the best option for game development, but at least I know that Lightwave is the best option for game development for us who only have lightwave and unity.

Well, at least for indie market, 3d guys are almost all generalists and at this point lightwave users have advantage, other good reason for doing this is that people will look seriously at the fact of lightwave natively in unity.

I just remember the day that Shadow of The Colossus was out and I saw many studios seriously talking about lightwave. Unity is growing fast and Lightwave can grow alot too with this simple feature.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalFish View Post
    The poll was about whether or not NT should take over the development, not on whether or not it should be made. We are still very interested in working with NT, regardless of our initial hurdles with VMADs being fixed.

Another thing to point out, is that its not an exporter for LightWave, but a native LW file format framework in Unity. Yes framework No exporting takes place, only saving and loading. Details TBA...

It's time for wrapping, prepping and excitement to take place
    Meow? =^..^= Further development update?
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

The FBX Lightwave exports is not the same Unity reads

So please do this plugin!
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by silviotoledo View Post
    The FBX Lightwave exports is not the same Unity reads
    What do you mean? When you export to FBX, it does not show up in Unity? It works for me and many others.

Kelly, read my title message :-P
    Petter Sundnes
    Free LScripts

Yes it worked fine for me too, I even tested every version of FBX that LW comes with. Are you exporting from Layout?
    ~~Phil Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Yes it worked fine for me too, I even tested every version of FBX that LW comes with. Are you exporting from Layout?
    For me, the fbx file exported from lw doesn't respect the pivot point and miss normals

But did you export from Layout? Or was it Modeler? It works better from Layout.
    ~~Phil Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    But did you export from Layout? Or was it Modeler? It works better from Layout.
    from layout, of course

I also used to have a problem with pivots in FBX -> Unity, but after a few *****ing sessions (bug reporting), and getting in touch with Chilton, he or someone else at NT seems to have fixed it (for the Mac version atleast).
    Petter Sundnes
    Free LScripts

a fan/user since ver. 4.0 G.G.Ridge's Avatar

Exclamation The Maya/n calendar

Quote Originally Posted by rommany View Post
    stand by for Keystone.Lightwave
    What spatial time/calendar system do you use, when it comes to "stand by" announcements?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast