Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iron man

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Can I ask why you are doing this in Lightwave and not another package? I realise Lightwave is more than capable, but just wondered why you moved from Maya?
    Sure! The main reasons are two:

-Pipeline and tools testing
    -I work for a small studio, so we choose LW due to unlimited rendernodes and the "getitdonefastandgood mentality"

Tweaked a bit arm's proportions.. just a screenshot of Layout straight from my 12 years old laptop..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArmsFix.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	95655  
    3D Character Artist

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Brilliant... that looks spot on now I reckon! I'm glad you're getting on with Lightwave and producing such lovely models.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but how on earth did you generate such neat UV's? They look like something I only dream of
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Thank you! UVs were all generated in LW through a bunch of steps.. As I mentioned in another thread, in the past I tried UVLayout and 3DC, but I still find true today that nothing beats LW when it comes to distortion/time spent ratio.. at least for me..
    3D Character Artist

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

The proportions on this version compared to last year's model are so much better The neck length looks right to me - just gives it the feeling of something stockier and able to support a head when going fullblast on the rockets. Stance is also great - looks nice and solid. Nice modelling fellah
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    The proportions on this version compared to last year's model are so much better The neck length looks right to me - just gives it the feeling of something stockier and able to support a head when going fullblast on the rockets. Stance is also great - looks nice and solid. Nice modelling fellah
    Thank you, glad you like it!
    3D Character Artist

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thank you! UVs were all generated in LW through a bunch of steps.. As I mentioned in another thread, in the past I tried UVLayout and 3DC, but I still find true today that nothing beats LW when it comes to distortion/time spent ratio.. at least for me..
    Hello, me again!

Which thread was that in? And any future plans for a tutorial video on your UV-ing technique? I've always had issues with the discontinuous UV's and trying to easily fiddle with them without causing issues. Always seemed quite tricky, but clearly you have a great workflow going, and I'd love to know more about it!

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Hello, me again!

Which thread was that in? And any future plans for a tutorial video on your UV-ing technique? I've always had issues with the discontinuous UV's and trying to easily fiddle with them without causing issues. Always seemed quite tricky, but clearly you have a great workflow going, and I'd love to know more about it!
    This one http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119325
    Mmmm due to comments I received in forums, I'm starting to think that maybe I can do a tutorial, kinda a making of step by step of a short animation, touching every aspect from modeling to compositing.. who knows
    Today I was kinda lazy and due to a f*****g strange bug in layout, I only came up with a funny speedy comp for developing the look of the clouds.. To keep rendertimes low I think I'm gonna rely a lot on composing!

Name:	Nuvole_v003.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	95676  
    3D Character Artist

Ah, okay.... i use PLG too, just wondered if there were any tricks you used. Think I've read that thread before, but still, love your UV's the neatest I've seen for a while

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

Nice, I thought about what it would be like to model something like that, and smoke started coming out of my ears. Look forward to seeing it progress.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

I've been very bust at work, I only managed to render a really really small animation to test the rig.. maybe I'll concentrate my efforts on creating a good still for look developement.. btw I finished the entire storyboard.. there will be around 1 minute of animation..

http://vimeo.com/24832130
    3D Character Artist

Just a quick test for textures.. render straight from LW, no post..

Name:	TextComp.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	96568  
    3D Character Artist

I think this is the metal look I'm looking for..

Name:	vpr_ss01.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	96600  
    3D Character Artist

Rigger / Animator oliversimonnet's Avatar
    Looks fantastic!
    "If its called a walkie-talkie why isn't a hoover called a pushy-sucky"
    Win7 64 bit, Core i7 930
    18GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 770
    Demo Reel 2012
    www.OliverSimonnet3D.com

Quote Originally Posted by oliversimonnet View Post
    Looks fantastic!
    Thank you!
    I received some suggestions about the scratches.. do you guys think that they have to be more or less reflective than the base metal?
    The picture posted above is a screenshot of vpr with color map only..
    3D Character Artist

Neat stuf, [email protected]!

And... welcome to LW (even though I realize it must have been a while since you started using LW).
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast