Thread: Adding Logo to Custom Live Text Graphics.

Adding Logo to Custom Live Text Graphics.

I have the New HD tricaster with built in Live Text..
    I would like to add my company logo to the lower third graphics I design. Does anyone know how to do this. The graphics is in PNG format but I can get it in any format needed.

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Make sure the logo is cropped and has a transparent background (unless the logo rest on top of a colored rectangle) in a 3rd party program like Photoshop. Save as PNG and then just drag it into the Title page from the file folder. Once on the logo is on the page, size and position as you want but do not place over text if this is going to be a title template (unless this has been fixed in the XD TriCaster). That is all that is needed to import your logo.

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    TCXD300 Image tip:
    When saving a page in LiveText as a template, be sure to shift-click the images before saving. That will flag those regions as changeable when you're doing live production.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara View Post
    When saving a page in LiveText as a template, be sure to shift-click the images before saving.
    It's possible to omit that and still replace the stand-in images in the Media Player's Title Editor, but you have to open the manual to find the secret handshake.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for that tip Paul.
    Steve, I have something for you to shake!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

hehehehehehehehehe ......

Just for you, Ted, I'll provide a hint - it's on a page after 180 and before 182 ... but that's all, nor more clues. (And this is strictly between you and me! Shhhhh.)
    Last edited by SBowie; 01-06-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve. I won't tell anyone.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara View Post
    TCXD300 Image tip:
    When saving a page in LiveText as a template, be sure to shift-click the images before saving. That will flag those regions as changeable when you're doing live production.
    I could be wrong but, only when you use a texture fill to a drawn element in Text, will it not be able to be changed via a click on it when converted to a template. All files that are dragged on, as I described on how to add a logo, will always be "click changeable" (is that english) with no extra work (no shift click needed). At least for me when I make templates.
    So the real tip is;
    If you want your image to be locked and not changeable, draw a rectangle and use the color, fill, texture to make it fixed to the template. If you want your image changeable, drag it onto the page, resize and position and then when it is converted and used as a template, another image can be used in place of it but retain the size and position of the original image. This is the way to make simple daily weather templates with a folder having the different types of weather images. All one needs do is click on the one you want changed and choose the new image. Same template could have the station logo as an image but in a drawn shape using texture fill and this would prevent the logo image from ever being changed in the template.

Please correct me, Steve or Paul, if I am mistaken here.

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    Please correct me, Steve or Paul, if I am mistaken here.
    I think you're right about Textures applied to shapes/fonts, though I can't stop right now to check José.

That said, there's really no harm or limitation adding images the 'other' way, either (since they can be locked or unlocked on the fly at any time), afaics.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I think you're right about Textures applied to shapes/fonts, though I can't stop right now to check José.

That said, there's really no harm or limitation adding images the 'other' way, either (since they can be locked or unlocked on the fly at any time), afaics.
    How do you "unlock" something in a Title template? That trick I don't know unless you mean a CG file that can easily be edited but once made into a Title Template, the Template is fixed and images added via texture fill are locked.
    Unless there is a trick to unlocking them?
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

I'd have to go get a coffee to jump-start my neurons and do some quick tests to refresh my memory about TC's "Title Template" images, but we're not talking about that in this thread, José. TCXD's Title Pages are a different file format, and you can replace stand-in images that are unlocked on them. You can also toggle the locked/unlocked state in the Title Page Editor that opens from the Media Player in the Live Desktop.

(The TCXD300 manual is probably available somewhere, but if you don't stumble on it on the site email me and I'll send you a copy by return email.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Now that I read from the start again, you are correct it's XD and all I read the first time was LiveText.
    I am writing you email to see the manual. Very interested in what else Xd has
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

SBowie really got a sense of humor, LOL. Funny thread, besides, I come across a number of online free tools that support it now: FotoJet online, Pixlr, GIMP online (uh, you may find this a bit more complex), etc.

Yes, virtually any image app can handle simple graphic needs - but TriCaster's native title pages are a different matter.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator