Thread: Labeling a fully shaded 3-D model (In Illustrator/Photoshop)

Labeling a fully shaded 3-D model (In Illustrator/Photoshop)

Hello All;
    I am creating a 3-D model I want to use in an illustration. What is the best way to export your model to Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop to add labels and a title to it ? Would you just export to a .jpg image or is there some better way to get a model into Illustrator/Photoshop ?
    Thanks.

Tim

.JPG is a lossy compression scheme. Use another image format, at first. .PSD is fine. Illustrator can import the image, then you can make the labels on other layers, for organization purposes.

We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both.
    ─Supreme Court Justice Louis D Brandeis

What I should have added is, save an image as a .JPG once and only once. If you keep resaving an image as a .JPG, the damage will soon become visible.

Instead, do your work in native PS or Illustrator, and when you're done, save a copy as a .JPG.

We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we cannot have both.
    ─Supreme Court Justice Louis D Brandeis

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    If you're using photoshop extended you can import the 3d model by using the LWO importer which is available in your Newtek download section...I haven't used it but it could be ideal for what you need.