Thread: Cables on Camera - S video - will they hold?

Cables on Camera - S video - will they hold?

I am courious about using camera's (canon GL2) with s-video connections.

Customer wants to supply cameras. Two are on sticks and one is roving.

Will these connections stay in and not come loose during our live event. Has anyone had experience using s-video cables? Seams like they could come out or loose. Should we have grip on roving camera?

Thanks

Dave

I would only consider having a grip if you're worried someone might trip over the cable(s).

Otherwise, just figure out a good position to coil the cable around to the bottom of the camera and then tape it down.

eric

I've never done live productions with S-video before. We've always used composite for multiple reasons, one of them being that the connector can stick really tight to the connection on the camera.

Anyway - make a secure amount of the cable a bit loose from the camera to take any strain off of the camera connector. Tape it to either the camera or the tripod, and that should be OK.

We always tape our BNC cables to the tripod, and have a short and very soft cable to remove any heavy, biased and stiff weight from the connector, and hopefully making the cameras last longer before they need service.

Good luck
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10