Thread: can anybody sell me LW?

Newbie Member

Question can anybody sell me LW?

can anybody sell me LW?

Try www.ebay.com there are lots of people selling it there, but the newer versions are still quite expensive, theres also an offer on where u can buy it new for $395 if your a student (www.newtek.com), i dont think u have to be on a course spicifically related to lightwave or not, but i think any type of student (school/college/uni/lw traing course) should be fine. I dont think ud get a full commercial license of 7.5 for anywhere close to that (cheapest iv seen so far in the UK was £800 i think thats about $1200?).

James..
    uh wha?

Looking at your profile, you are 17, which means you are probably still a student. Get an academic copy. It's identical in all ways to the "full" version, but costs almost nothing (compared to what us old guys have to pay).

Also, look here:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthre...=&threadid=420

so there's no restriction on the student lightwave? damn i wish i took advange of that offer, i thought the student version were ah an cutted down/puned down version of lightwave so i went after the full commerical packadge, ouch is my only comment

Not only is it fully functional, it's upgradeable. Can't remember how much it is, but it's pretty cheap to upgrade to the full version later on.

The only but very important limitation to the student- license is, that you must not use it to earn money with it.
    CU
    Elmar

Newbie Member
    where can i find an academic copy?

Hey gase!
    The NewTek- dealer for Macedonia is
    (I found it in the dealer- listing on NewTek- Europe, www.newtek-europe.com):

PANTER
    Zivko Cingo 4
    91000 SKOPJE

Phone : +389 2 11 33 77
    Fax : +389 2 12 61 76
    Email : [email protected]

Hope that helps
    CU
    Elmar

that sounds awesome and i got no problem with the no making $$ off it cos its sort of a hobby for me, someday might be a good job but who knows.

anyway i am going to buy a student version of LW 8.0 unleast its upgradeable from 7.5 and i don't think it will be so...

Careful using EBay.. it's not unheard of for dishonest people to sell cracked but very convincing packages for 300 dollars. I have a friend who tried to get a license this way and was ripped off.