Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Eugene Kosarovich

Unhappy RIP Eugene Kosarovich

I noticed this was not posted so it is with great sadness that I am posting this. Eugene Kosarovich Scorpio Productions
    has passed on in his sleep at the age of 42. He was a great person and a fantastic videographer and helpful to
    everyone he met. I have met him a few times at NAB we talked many times for hours on the phone and he
    is the reason I wrote BobsMulticam. He will be greatly missed.
    Last edited by Bobt; 10-05-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    bobt_at_bobfx_com
    www.bobfx.com
    Bob Tasa

Needed to add this information

For those with Face book here is the link
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0145551&ref=nf
    Sorry messed up the link..

For those that dont have the link here is the information I clipped.

Going through Face Book I picked this up.

Name:
    Eugene Kosarovich Memorial Page
    Category:
    <http://www.facebook.com/search/?o=69&sfxp=1&c1=4>Common Interest -
    <http://www.facebook.com/search/?o=69&sfxp=1&c1=4&c2=63>Friends
    Description:
    This group is meant as a place where his friends and acquaintances
    can celebrate the life of Eugene Kosarovich. Euegene was a
    long-standing member of the Capital district theater community as an
    accomplished actor and a producer of RPI shows. Many will remember
    him as a videographer who taped many of the theater shows in the
    Capital District. His CLUE castmates, along with his Delta Xi
    brothers & sisters, and his RPI Players family will miss him terribly.

Condolences may be sent to his mother at the address below:
    Mrs. Agnes Kosarovich
    50 Simmons Avenue
    Cohoes, NY 12047

A notice will be posted here once arrangements have been made.

Please post your memories, pictures and thoughts here.

Update, Monday 10/5 @ 10:42 PM

Wake and funeral information has come in:

The wake for Eugene will be Tuesday, October 6 from 4 to 7 PM at
    Marra Funeral Home in Cohoes. See the google maps link below.

<http://tinyurl.com/y8mc9k8>http://tinyurl.com/y8mc9k8

The funeral mass will be Wednesday, October 7 at 10 AM at St. Nicholas Church

<http://tinyurl.com/yes9gok>http://tinyurl.com/yes9gok

This just in from Paul Kraus, a long time friend of Eugene's and an
    Alpha Psi Omega brother:

"I have just received word from Fr. Ed at the C+CC that today's
    [Monday, October 5] 5:15 PM Mass will be celebrated in remembrance on
    Eugene. Whether you are Catholic or not, whether you are Christian or
    not, feel free to attend. The C+CC is located on Burdett Ave. between
    Peoples Ave. and
    Sherry Road, almost directly across from BARH."
    bobt_at_bobfx_com
    www.bobfx.com
    Bob Tasa

All I can say is wow. I'm so sorry to hear this. He always pushed to make NewTek products better. I'm sure we have all benefited from his intensity.
    Best wishes to his family.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Eugene is going to be missed as one of the elders of the 'family' of friends here. This news is woefully sad and my heartfelt condolences go out to all that are near and dear to him.

He kept us all in check and I've certainly aspired to having just a snippet of his professionalism and drive in my working life. The memory that will remain for me will be that he had so much going for him and us losing him like this is one of those events where one cannot help but to ask why this must happen to those that are so good?

We'll keep coming across Eugene's useful contributions in the library he's significantly contributed to here. Many of us Newtekians will have nearly two decades of history with Eugene and I'm proud to have known him for about half that. There is much to celebrate amongst this feeling of loss.

(I just responded to this sad news on another mailing list. Like everyone else, I was stunned. For those who don't frequent both forums, I'm copying this here.)

Wow. This isn't the first time I've gotten news of this sort about someone struck down overnight completely without warning. You don't get used to the shock.

I first met Eugene something like 7-8 years ago (at NAB), and over the years we've both collaborated and crossed swords countless times. He pursued his interests with zeal every day, and I'll miss him both as a friend and fencing partner.

It's fall here now, cool and crisp, leaves starting to turn. On Thursday I'm heading up to North Bay, and I was thinking that the tall maple-covered hills that enclose it may well be crimson by now, as they are each fall. Considering the prospect of this spectacle, I got to thinking about the fact that we largely take the seasons for granted. Yet the reality is we each get so few ... seventy or eighty in most cases, sometimes far fewer. They go by faster and faster, like the pages of a book you can't put down, yet we have no idea how many or how few are left. How important to spend them well, and what a mistake not to savour them.

Eugene filled his seasons up avidly pursuing the things he loved, his craft, his passions like theatre and skiing, was close to family. I'm glad for that at least, and we could all take a lesson. Profound condolences to his family and loved ones.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I am shocked as well with the news of his death.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Eugene but just interacting with him in this forum and in PMs I have built up a great respect for him and his knowledge. He was always there to help anyone with a problem and he had a great understanding of our business.

I will miss him as will everyone that had the pleasure of knowing him.
    Dynamic Video Productions
    Mount Laurel NJ

OMG! I am so sorry to hear this. I never met Eugene before. My only contact with him was through this board. He was a wealth of information and helped me immensely with using TMPGEnc. I just emailed him last week about advice and he answered me promptly.

For someone I never met, this news hit me hard. Maybe it is because he was in my age group and it is a reminder that any one of us can go at any time without thought or prejudice. I always wished that when I die, it would be in my sleep, with no pain or even knowledge of it. However, at the young age of 42, there was no way to prepare for the loss. Life is fragile. It is amazing anyone makes it through any day without issue. My prayers go out to his surviving family members.

He was always a gentleman and never got into any p*ssing matches with anyone. He always kept his opinions and responses professional and always had a lot of great information for us. His absense will be a huge loss to this community.

God Bless you and your family Eugene.

Regrets

Tony

It was way too soon for Eugene to leave us. From other forums, it appears that Eugene had a massive heart attack in his sleep. In trying to bring something "good" out of all of this, and as one who suffered a massive heart attack myself this past June , I want to remind all of the readers of this forum that it CAN happen to anyone...even to someone as young as Eugene. See your doctor on a regular basis. Don't put those visits off. You owe it to yourself, family and friends.

Thank you for letting us know, Bob.

This community is definitely missing a valued member. We will be praying for the comfort of his family and loved ones.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

Eugene gone is just heartbreaking. He was a lively presence in so many net venues, and he was just as lively and even more fun in person. He was a joy to know and I will sorely miss him. My condolences to his family and to his many, many friends.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thanks Bob for letting us all know.

This just takes my breath away.
    My condolences to his family.
    Eugene has been a long time friend, co beta tester, forum spokesman and debater.

He was one of the original Beta team in which Brian, Mark, Eugene and I would bounce things back and forth with each other...helping to find and isolate issues and bugs.

He was passionate about what he thought and did.

He was also someone willing to help anyone here on the forums or in person.
    NT tech support will be getting more calls now that Eugene is not here to field them.

For all of us here, I hope this helps to wake us all up...Life can change in an instant..

Take to time to let those you love know it...cherish and be thankful for what and who you have in your life.

I myself have lost most of my family several years ago...and am just in the process of rebuilding my life and my family.

As much as you want to get that project done...take time to eat dinner together....take a weekend to travel and enjoy the beauty around you.
    Make each day worth it...don't just coast...or I'll do it tomorrow.

Eugene, may you bring more light up in heaven and help us down here see the light from within ourselves.

Sincerely,
    Ray Adams
    FX and Production Supervisor

I'm greatly sad to hear this news. We were just corresponding by
    email last week about encoding using Sorenson 5. I am shocked.
    He was also looking forward to going to NAB again and I was looking
    forward to talking with him again. He will really be missed. He
    really knew his stuff about video.

A sad day,
    Marty Davis

This morning, with Eugene in my heart and mind, I witnessed yet another beautiful sunrise. As I sat in awe, I could only think about what tweaks to the color Eugene would make. Chuckle, none...

I'll miss his calls.
    I'll miss that our gadfly isn't on the case for us about getting things whipped into shape.
    I'll miss Eugene.

RIP young friend.

Eugene

Too young, Too young.
    Miss your presence on the page of life.
    Sincerely, a sad day.

Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Amused
    I didn't believe my eyes when I saw this. Eugene was one of the pillars of the VT community and he will be sorely missed. Thank you Eugene for being here while you were.

Tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast