Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New LScript: Motion baker... that works :)

New LScript: Motion baker... that works :)

I have created a new baking script that handles baking of multiple items as well as stuff done with DP Kit + Node Item Motion

Give it a spin:
    http://mentalfish.com/2009/09/motion-baker/

Update: Added GUI for input of start and end frame to bake.
    Last edited by MentalFish; 09-24-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Hmmm... i'll have to see this =)

But you could have provided a very simple sample scene file to illustrate the limits of the plugin to start with :P

Cheers

Hey cageman, provide us with some troublesome scenes to try!

Sure.... I'll put something together!
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Thanks Petter ! I will give it a chance...hope this one is the good one.
    I already have tried a couple of scripts supposed to do this job, but none of them is working in all situations
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

dear mentalfish

thanks for the plugin..

if cageman is your betatester then you are in good hands He really does fantastic stuff and cool videos..

come on cage, waiting for full video tutorial ..nuts and bolts for that .. I am happy that you are working together on LW plugs. Good plugins i sense in the 3D space

Best

I have been adding features and breaking some it seems this evening. Will get back to it soon. Same download link as earlier, so watch those browser caches. Make sure you have the one with a GUI to select which channels to bake. Any and all feedback welcome.

Cheers MentalFish ... will definitely have to play with this

Problem fixed, I needed to add RefreshNow() to make sure the script reads the correct "state of things", so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalFish View Post
    Problem fixed, I needed to add RefreshNow() to make sure the script reads the correct "state of things", so to speak.
    What MentalFish refers to is a limitation with Node Item Motion. Whenever you use it, you will always see a 1 frame delay when doing previews and such things. The only time it will match 100% is either when rendering, or if you force LW to update. How do you do force LW to update? Well, select another item may force Node Item Motion to do a full evaluation and make things pop into place, another way is to open any node editor and that should also force Node Item Motion to update.

The legacy Motion Baker motion modifier suffers from the fact that it doesn't evaluate Node Item Motion fully, and, to be honest, baking directly to the object instead of extra channels (feature within Motion Baker motion modifier) almost always results in a mess. So, not only do you have to bake to those extra channels, you then have to manually copy each of these extra channels to the appropriate real channel, and after that you need to offset all channels -1 frame to get an exact match. Do this with more than three objects and you are starting to get crazy... I usually have at least 20 objects and so far, I have always had to resort to some manual tweaking... ALWAYS! *sigh*

ALL of this is now taken care of by MentalFish's magnificent L-Script, and I believe there is at least one UI-tweak still, to make it even better, workflow wise.

Testcontent scenes will be provided soon enough... just keep track on this thread.

Cinematics Department
    -----
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

As cageman mentioned, improved workflow was on the way and here it is. You can now click a toggle button for all three axis and/or toggle them one by one. Another addition is the ability to skip frames when baking so you can create a key every n'th frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MFMotionBaker.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	77781  

Great! Thanks MentalFish!

I have an object simply following a null (parent), but I can't seem to bake the motion. It does work when I use Dpont's Node Item Motion to have the object follow the null. Any ideas? (LW 9.6, WinXP Pro 32bit)

Thanks again for this plugin Mentalfish. It's great being able to bake motions from Node Item Motion.

Hmm.. I think I need to change the title of it

I'll look into it, might be something about parented objects it does not like.
    Petter Sundnes
    Free LScripts

Quote Originally Posted by serge View Post
    I have an object simply following a null (parent), but I can't seem to bake the motion. It does work when I use Dpont's Node Item Motion to have the object follow the null. Any ideas? (LW 9.6, WinXP Pro 32bit)

Thanks again for this plugin Mentalfish. It's great being able to bake motions from Node Item Motion.
    The difference between a parented object and a constrained object (node item motion) is that the constrained object exists in worldspace and must retain worldspace coordinates when following. A parented object relies on what the parent is doing; the object exist in parent space. The "world" for that object is its parent, and therefore it relies on what the parent is doing. You can not bake that motion, because it doesn't make any sense at all to do that.

I'll make a short video describing this. Hold on..
    Last edited by Cageman; 05-15-2010 at 03:41 AM.
    Cinematics Department
    -----
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast