Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Classes Offered - 2

Free Classes Offered - 2

We are offering two free classes on modeling, and detailing. The first class will be on modeling the creature bust in LightWave 3D while the second covers importing and adding details to the creature in ZBrush.

Class 01 - Modeling in LightWave 3D - 2+ Hours
    Adam Gibson is a new artist to the KURV studios group and he is anxious to show off his LightWave 3D and ZBrush skills.

In this free 2+ hour session Adam will show us how to use Sub-D's at the point and polygon level to model/detail this creature from Glen Southern.

Register for class 01

Class 02 - Detailing the Bust in ZBrush - 2+ Hours
    This free training session is the second part of the series on the creature. In this session Adam Gibson will show you how to add fine details to the creature using ZBrush.

Register for class 02

Animator Wannabe
    Sounds Great Wes, I'm always looking to learn new Z brush tricks. This new Webinar setup is working great, and it's exciting how many of these classes you are pumping out. Keep them coming.

Alright.

im there budy.....

I'll make time for this one. I've been wanting to learn how to use ZBrush better for the past 6 months and haven't had the time to even sit down with it for more than about 30 minutes. This will be great.
    Playing guitar is an endless process of running out of fingers.

im in
    Oobievision

I watched most of the Creature Modeling Webinar and I have the following feedback.

The webinar was great but it went a little slow. You advertised it being 2.5 hours and at the end of that time he wasn't close to being done. Because of my schedule I had planned for 2.5 hours but ended up having to log off before it was done. The artist was moving really slow. Most of us watching probably aren't trying to following along in Lightwave on our own so we're just watching and taking it in. I think you could move at a much faster pace and then you would hopefully meet your goal of a 2.5 hour webinar.

Other than that is was good, but unfortunately I didn't get to see the end of it. And without getting a link to watch it later or anything, I could never see how he actually turned the flat 2D model into a 3D model. I've found this to be the case in many other tutorials too. Even ones I've bought off Gnomon for big $$$. The artist runs out of time after taking to slow in the beginning and you never get to comprehend how the project is finished.

But the quality and overall webinar was very informative.
    Last edited by evolross; 07-22-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evolross View Post
    I watched most of the Creature Modeling Webinar and I have the following feedback.

The webinar was great but it went a little slow. You advertised it being 2.5 hours and at the end of that time he wasn't close to being done. Because of my schedule I had planned for 2.5 hours but ended up having to log off before it was done. The artist was moving really slow. Most of us watching probably aren't trying to following along in Lightwave on our own so we're just watching and taking it in. I think you could move at a much faster pace and then you would hopefully meet your goal of a 2.5 hour webinar.

Other than that is was good, but unfortunately I didn't get to see the end of it. And without getting a link to watch it later or anything, I could never see how he actually turned the flat 2D model into a 3D model. I've found this to be the case in many other tutorials too. Even ones I've bought off Gnomon for big $$$. The artist runs out of time after taking to slow in the beginning and you never get to comprehend how the project is finished.

But the quality and overall webinar was very informative.
    I can appreciate your comments on time... but we also had many many more people saying our speed was perfect.

The video will be available for download later, after some light editing.

Also, Adam is recording some bonus footage on further detailing the model a little more as well from his stopping point.

Newbie Member
    I thought the class was brilliant.

Having joined a class like this before, I was ok with sleeping in and joining late, and I'm glad I did. The final 3 hours was brilliant for where I'm up to.

I'll be looking out for your further free tutorials, even at the cost of my sleep (gotta love timezones) but I was impressed at the numbers who came for this one (622?)

Don
    have a great day

Thanks Don, be sure to register for the next free one here - https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/514307323

Animator Wannabe
    And if thats what you get for free just imagine what spending some bucks at kurv will get you.

Thanks a million for these free webinars! Looking forward to the ZBrush session

Thanks guys, much appreciated!!

Newbie Member
    Great Webinar, looking forward to the Zbrush session

This first class was very informative & enjoyable.
    It's always great to watch someone's workflow.
    You always pick up something new.

I'm looking forward to the ZBrush part of the class.

Please thank Adam Gibson for us.
    He's a great teacher.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Newbie Member

i missed it "how my god"

hi every body, I took my registration last week for this webinar but i missed it !
    I live in france and with the jetlag it is not very easy to participate !
    so is exist a method to see it after the time " like a record session or anythink else !

thank you

i hope i'm clear !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast