Thread: multicam Problem

multicam Problem

hi,

not sure if its me ! when i use Bob's MultiCam, i generally want to use the Audio from only cam 1 ( but leave audio from both cams on TL). I do my editing etc. ISOLATE the audio. make the Cuts. Audio and Video is in Sync. Problem is when i add the transitions seems then the video shifts a few frames from the audio. the further down the TL the more the shift. like after maybe 4 or 5 transitions off by 3 frames after maybe 8or 9 transitions off by maybe 6 frames. Tried with ripple on/off - same result. tried locking Audio/video still same. anyone know if its me or what to try?

thanks,
    bob s

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    That's because SpeedEDIT doesn't actually support locking/grouping of clips together unless they came in as one. This has always been a limitation of SpeedEDIT. I always saw this type of problem doing MCE with SpeedEDIT. The only solution was to put down LOTS of markers so you can keep manually resyncing.

Some would suggest using subprojects to lock stuff together, but that was too limited in its current form for me.

SpeedEDIT 2.0 is expected to address these issues.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

thanks Eugene, had a feeling that might be the problem. thats what I've been doing as work around . thought maybe I was missing something obvious........COME-ON 2.0

bob s

I was going to suggest you try it with ripple off, but I see you already tried that.

Vegas 9 might be the answer
    Dynamic Video Productions
    Mount Laurel NJ