Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PLG UV Tools Not Working?

PLG UV Tools Not Working?

Hi.

I've been trying to get the PLG UV unwrapping tools to work but I'm having no luck. When I click 'Make UV' in the PLG_Make_UV_Edit plug-in it doesn't do anything. I've clicked Reset/Activate and also uninstalled the plug-ins. I've run out of options.

Works fine for me on XP 32 bit and on Vista 64 Bit, you do have one of the viewports set to UV view to see it right? Also, you're clicking on the 'Make UV' button in the Numeric panel?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLG_UV.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	236.9 KB 
ID:	74704  
    Last edited by Matt; 06-27-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Yup. I've done all of that. When I click on 'Make UV' nothing happens. Aboslutely nothing.

I have no idea what to tell you, as it works fine for me too, but one option whenever LW gets weird is to delete your configs and let LW rebuild them.

Quote Originally Posted by IMI View Post
    I have no idea what to tell you, as it works fine for me too, but one option whenever LW gets weird is to delete your configs and let LW rebuild them.
    And how would I go about this?

The LW .cfg (configuration) files are in your users folder, such as C:\Users\your user name in Windows Vista and Windows 7. In XP it would be in Documents and Settings. No idea what the Mac equivalent would be.

You'll have files such as "LW9.CFG", "LWM9.CFG" and so on. They'll all start with "LW" and on 64 bit will have "-64" appended to the file names. You can delete those and LW will rebuild them when started and closed again. Alot of problems can be solved by deleting configs, as they can get corrupted from time to time.

Warning though - deleting your configs will also remove all your custom keyboard shortcuts, menus and so on, setting everything back to default, so it's really only a last ditch effort. However, the menus and keyboard shortcuts can be saved out as separate files and be reloaded later through their associated edit panels for each. Alt+F9 and Alt+F10 to open each, in both Layout and Modeler.

I won't swear this will solve your problem, but it might. So don't yell at me if it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by IMI View Post
    The LW .cfg (configuration) files are in your users folder, such as C:\Users\your user name in Windows Vista and Windows 7. In XP it would be in Documents and Settings. No idea what the Mac equivalent would be.

You'll have files such as "LW9.CFG", "LWM9.CFG" and so on. They'll all start with "LW" and on 64 bit will have "-64" appended to the file names. You can delete those and LW will rebuild them when started and closed again. Alot of problems can be solved by deleting configs, as they can get corrupted from time to time.

Warning though - deleting your configs will also remove all your custom keyboard shortcuts, menus and so on, setting everything back to default, so it's really only a last ditch effort. However, the menus and keyboard shortcuts can be saved out as separate files and be reloaded later through their associated edit panels for each. Alt+F9 and Alt+F10 to open each, in both Layout and Modeler.

I won't swear this will solve your problem, but it might. So don't yell at me if it doesn't work.
    I'll give it a try! This may explain why it's been horribly slow, too. At one point I had no problem working with a lot of polygons and all of a sudden it started to chugg. Let's hope this clears up a lot of issue! Thanks!

I still get absolutely nothing. I've uninstalled Lightwave completely, deleted the config files, removed and installed the plug-ins again, and get nothing.

Here's what I do:

1.) Open the model to unwrap
    2.) Select the edges
    3.) Open the plug-in
    4.) Click Make UV

Nothing happens. It works when I select the polygons, but I get absolutely nothing when it's just an edge. I've followed the steps in the Essential Lightwave v.9 book, too, and I've gotten nothing to work. I'm running a 32-bit system. It use to work, but I don't know what's happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggs View Post
    I still get absolutely nothing. I've uninstalled Lightwave completely, deleted the config files, removed and installed the plug-ins again, and get nothing.

Here's what I do:

1.) Open the model to unwrap
    2.) Select the edges
    3.) Open the plug-in
    4.) Click Make UV

Nothing happens. It works when I select the polygons, but I get absolutely nothing when it's just an edge. I've followed the steps in the Essential Lightwave v.9 book, too, and I've gotten nothing to work. I'm running a 32-bit system. It use to work, but I don't know what's happened to it.
    I think I have a simple solution for you...
    Assuming that's not an error in your order above, you have to open the plugin first and THEN select your edges. Selecting the edges before opening the plugin does nothing, as you've noticed.

Yeh, I think you're trying to use it wrong. You make sure you are in poly mode, not point or edge. Then click on the plugin, click 'n' to see the numeric panel. If you want to cut the object up, make sure the 'hide handle' is not ticked, and then click on the little circles to select your edges. You can save this selection which is usefull if our not sure how it will unwrap.

You guys are excellent! That was the problem. I just knew I wasn't doing something right! Haha! Thank you!

yeah and I just noticed for the first time that if you select, say, a row of polygons and THEN open the Make_UV_Edit plugin and press the make UV button, it will unwrap only that string of polys.
    That's probably pretty useful, and I never knew it could do that before just now.

You're welcome, Shuggs.

But it still works without any edges selected (within the plugin) though?
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

I had a weird problem with it the other day. It was like it was ignoring the edges I selected in Make UV and giving me an atlas map instead.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast