Thread: flipping a number using expressions

flipping a number using expressions

I want to have a morph map drive the opacity of a texture, currently when i use a channel expression to link the two everything is fine and dandy accept when my morph map is at 100% my texture is at 100% opacity as well. I actually want the reverse behavior, when my morph is at 100% i want my texture to be at 0% and when the morph is at 0% the texture would be at 100%. I have very little experience with expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by larkis View Post
    I want to have a morph map drive the opacity of a texture, currently when i use a channel expression to link the two everything is fine and dandy accept when my morph map is at 100% my texture is at 100% opacity as well. I actually want the reverse behavior, when my morph is at 100% i want my texture to be at 0% and when the morph is at 0% the texture would be at 100%. I have very little experience with expressions.
    The expression for the texture would be 1-MorphMap
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

Cool, I will have to try this, it sounds a lot simpler than the solution I found. What i did is this: mapRange([object.MorphGroup.morphname],0.000,1.000,1.000,0.000) and attached that to the channel of the surface. Seems to be working.

Thanks for the reply.

If you have 9.x, check out nodes too - they're so much easier.