Thread: interior of airliner

interior of airliner

My tuesday's modeling project.
    I'd love some comments and ideas for improvement.
    I intend to add more detail to the seats at least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interior_airliner.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	74419  

Good start. Don't they have these little running floor lights on airliners? I guess additional lighting will improve it a lot ... and maybe(?) calibrate your monitor for a gamma of 2.2, which will allow most people's monitors to see your image better -- looks kinda dark to me. (I read your blog and learned you're using Mac, which uses a native gamma of 1.8.) :-)

Cheers
    Last edited by DrStrik9; 06-18-2009 at 12:11 PM.

HardCore Non-planar User steamthunk's Avatar
    Needs more screaming babies. Also, annoying guy who insists on talking to you, and people queuing for the bathroom. Seriously, better lighting would help us see what's been done already. I also think the one point perspective shot is a bit boring. Try another angle. Might be good to do some windows and let some light in that way with some puffy clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by steamthunk View Post
    Needs more screaming babies. Also, annoying guy who insists on talking to you, and people queuing for the bathroom. Seriously, better lighting would help us see what's been done already. I also think the one point perspective shot is a bit boring. Try another angle. Might be good to do some windows and let some light in that way with some puffy clouds.
    The best way to keep from being bothered by that guy, in my experience, is to be that guy.

To the OP, the lighting looks sweet, but I agree that the gamma's a little wonky to my monitor. Also, the seats need gaudy, obnoxious fabric colors, but any texture at all would make them sexy, along with a little brighter color, and something to bring out the highlights.
    Last edited by ChrisPitts; 06-19-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    I think I'm supposed to type something witty here...

Oh gosh. Indeed. I should calibrate my monitor...(!!!) I didn't think about this.
    Calibrating both of my monitors..