Thread: Audio "tickling, clicking" on the Library MP3īs (TC Studio)

Audio "tickling, clicking" on the Library MP3īs (TC Studio)

I get this random clicking or tickling sound when i play the Library MP3īs in the DDRs.
    I does bother the music quite a bit.
    This is a new thing that propably has come with the updates.
    Im running the latest 2.5 and remember having this already with 2.0.
    Anyone had this?

It came in my mind i need to check the video sound in the DDRs as well.

Theres one thing that has bothered my with the otherwise great piece of machinery:
    The audio input channels give my usually a subtle whining sound i need to get rid of in Soundbooth before i can give the material to the customer.

It seems to me that the audio cards fidelity is lacking in some ways.

Anyone?
    T.I.A

Quote Originally Posted by stenka View Post
    I get this random clicking or tickling sound when i play the Library MP3īs in the DDRs.
    Hi, Stenka. Do contact your dealer, to learn how you can get your audio issue resolved; and let us know how you made out.
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 05-29-2009 at 10:06 PM.

I have no clues about try-caster, but in general MP3 is a delivery format not a working format. It is known to cause clicking in all editing and compositing aps I have ever worked with. Final Cut, Premier, Avid, After Effects, Shake, and so on...
    Solution is convert files to .WAV or .AIF.

///

Quote Originally Posted by G M D THREE View Post
    I have no clues about [TriCaster], but in general MP3 is a delivery format not a working format.
    Um, one could rightly suggest you're painting with too broad a brush, in that all too common, misguided assessment of MP3 audio. Actually, the MP3s created by a properly functioning TriCaster 2.0 for example, are of superb fidelity. These are generated by the newest TriCasters particularly for use in Final Cut Pro post-production workflows, and optionally, for working in other apps outside TriCaster.

While I don't mean to appear to marginalize your personal experience with other types of MP3 files' performance on machines you're familiar with, (I've used traditional MP3s in editing environs without the noise you two have experienced).

The original poster is likely dealing with a problem in hardware, hence the citation that he ought to get it checked out.
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 05-30-2009 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet1onTheSet View Post
    Um, one could rightly suggest you're painting with too broad a brush, in that all too common, misguided assessment of MP3 audio. Actually, the MP3s created by a properly functioning TriCaster 2.0 for example, are of superb fidelity. These are generated by the newest TriCasters particularly for use in Final Cut Pro post-production workflows, and optionally, for working in other apps outside TriCaster.

While I don't mean to appear to marginalize your personal experience with other types of MP3 files' performance on machines you're familiar with, (I've used traditional MP3s in editing environs without the noise you two have experienced).

The original poster is likely dealing with a problem in hardware, hence the citation that he ought to get it checked out.
    Sorry but Final Cut don't even ecept mp3 it coverts it and forces you to render once dropped in timeline.
    MP3 is not a editing format, same for mpg2 and mpg4 audio and video. They are not frame accurate and have no real support for time code.

///

Quote Originally Posted by G M D THREE View Post
    Sorry but Final Cut don't even ecept mp3 it coverts it and forces you to render once dropped in timeline.
    MP3 is not a editing format, same for mpg2 and mpg4 audio and video.
    OK, GMD THREE -- if those are indeed issues on the Mac, relative to those codecs, then that doesn't necessarily define those codecs as not being post-production worthy in and of themselves.
    It was mentioned in these forums recently, that folks at Apple related forums have been complaining for quite awhile about their seeming to be lagging far behind relative to some issues with codecs, such as what you and others have reported here.

Perhaps the plug-in they've made available via download from the Apple site, to address the MPEG2 issue is a response to such complaints. BTW, you don't believe MPEG2-Intra supports frame accuracy?
    Last edited by Quiet1onTheSet; 06-01-2009 at 07:36 AM.