Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Jose Burgos helped me in a pinch

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara View Post
    ...at which point this conversation swings 'round full circle, since the subject header says 'in a pinch'. LOL
    Hey, I charge extra for that service
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Most people don't have a DVD player setup at 'the throne'.
    Why would you need a DVD player at the throne position is a Iphone works just perfectly?

Just put the videos online and stream them.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Watching a video on the throne? There's an app for that.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    Just wanted to echo the sentiment expressed in this thread. Almost everyone I've met or talked to in the Newtek community has been open and helpful, but Jose Burgos always seems to take it to that next level.

He spent over half an hour with me on the phone explaining how to leverage certain plug-ins to vastly improve my workflow - all in response to a post I did earlier on this forum.

"Awesome" and "Incredible" are adjectives that come to mind...

Thanks Jose!

-john mahoney

Jose Burgos = Awesome

We found Jose Burgos by searching for some user generated tips and tricks for implementing custom graphics into the Tricaster.

Our company, KillScreen Productions, has been on the fast-track of developing an online video production for WOWIO - a digital conduit for comic book and graphic novel creators and publishers. Our goal was to create something that was immediately recognized as unique within the digital video universe using the Tricaster as a means of creating a high quality multi-camera production.

After being frustrated by the Tricaster's not-exactly-intuitive interface, we completely stalled when it came to creating custom branded double-boxes for use in our production. Luckily, we discovered Jose...

Jose was not only incredibly generous with his time and insight, but he also provided his services as a graphic producer and, working in concert with WOWIO's in-house designer, helped us create and implement custom double-boxes into our Tricaster for our upcoming production at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con.

We have a lot of interesting and exciting production in development with WOWIO and plan on using Jose's services quite a few more times in the future. If you want someone who can help you take your production design and execution to the next level, you should consider using him, too.

Thanks, Jose!

Matt West
    KillScreen Productions

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    YEARS ago, when I was in New York City, and in a real bind, I started frantically calling everyone I knew for assistance. Jose Burgos came to my aid. He's as genuinely nice as he is TriCaster-savvy!
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    I can attest to that - Jose is a great guy.
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691

[email protected]
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x

I concur with the sentiments of the other posters. Jose has been extremely helpful to me over the past couple weeks in getting some TriCaster-related stuff solved.

Custom wipes

I had Bill Mills compile two .avi's I had built and wanted to use as transitions for my Tricaster Broadcast. They were really great.

My company, Trans Global Productions, Inc., does video production in West Texas. We do a lot of multicamera work and have since 1984. One of the things we do every year is tape-delayed broadcasts of the high school football games. One of the teams is THE "Friday Night Lights" team the movie is about...the Permian Panthers. It was my announcers you heard all through the movie.

These transitions Bill compiled for me were from .avi's I designed in Bluff Titler, an inexpensive animation software. After using the transitions for a while I wished I could modify them some.

I purchased a NOS Aura and was able to upgrade to the highest version which I could run on my XP computer that I also used for my Trinity switcher.

Once the software was loaded and working I tried to understand how to compile one of my .avi's but never could exactly figure it out. I sat on the software for the next football season and did nothing with it.

We're coming up on football right now and I started thinking about those transitions again. I see a lot of response from Jose Burgos on the forum so I decided to see if he could give me a leg up as to making the software work for me. He replied immediately and sent a word file describing the "How to" and he recorded a step-by-step video of the process.

After watching the video I started up my Aura 2.5 and began trying to compile a new animation I had just completed. Jose's video showed me what I had not understood from the written info I had gotten hold of after buying the software. It became so easy that I have now built a total of 6 more transitions and have modified the other two originals. I literally owe this to the efforts of Jose.

Thanks, Jose!

By the way, I was having trouble with the icon for each transition. I was rendering a single frame of each animation as a .jpg, opening it in photoshop to change the size to 200 X 135. The icon would load without the transition, but as soon as the transition was build and loaded, I could no longer see the icon. Turned out, my Bluff Titler was making a .jpg at 120dpi. I hadn't noticed that so I went back and changed the 200 X 135's to 72dpi and everything works perfectly.

Again, thanks, Jose!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12