Thread: make joint chain problem

make joint chain problem

Hi all!

After looking at the very interesting Rebelhill's tutorial video about rigging, I'm actually trying to use make joint chain for all my rigs. It's the first time, and I'm gladly surprise with the speed of this function.

But I'm meeting a strange issue with that. I got a complete rig for a biped, and when I animate the arm chain, it's influencing the leg chain, I mean, leg's bones are moving, just a bit, and very smoothly, nothing like chain poping with zaxis bones, but they are still moving.

And as far as I can see, there no goal or pole item in common in this two chains...is that a common problem?

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    they shouldnt have any influence over each other... one must be referencing something in the other chain somewhere... check, check, and check again...

As for the joints vs zbones thing... theres no difference when it comes the problems of popping, flipping, etc... thats got nothing to do with the bone type, both function exactly the same in that respect... tbh, I prefer zbones for control rigging... its just that make joint chain only works on joints, once uve run it, u can convert back and forth between joints an zbones no problems.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Ok, so I'll check that again.
    EDIT:
    The "unaffected by IK" option was not cheeked for the roots bones so simple that I haven't check that! But thank you anyway!

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MUCUS View Post
    The "unaffected by IK" option was not cheeked for the roots bones
    Aha... thatll do it alright... terminate those chains baby... terminate them...
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all