Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Jackman's Wolverine becomes swine flu casualty

Quote Originally Posted by scenergy View Post
    [no conspiracy they are facts..brainwashed folk would say it is conspiracy talk]

[never said i was opposed to medicine..that's your assumption]

[you misunderstand - nevermind..you take your mercury infused vaccine and see if that dispels your fears]
    its not a conspiracy...its just common sence.

everyone sees a chance for profit..the media sells more newspapers, so they prefer to make it sound worse than it is, politicians see the opportunity to show that they care so that they stand better chance at the next elections and in the end pharmaceutical companies are massproducing a vaccine against something that really is not so dangerous at all....

there is no single individual or group creating a conspiracy, but there are a whole lot of individuals and groups that are profitmaximixing in their own specific ways...

Not believing in a conspiracy = brainwashed?

[no conspiracy they are facts..brainwashed folk would say it is conspiracy talk]
    Exactly what someone who will believe any conspiracy theory says. Trying to make me look like a fool for not believing what you do is what people with no proof and weak evidence do.

The facts you've shown don't prove any scam at all, a government screw up (gee, that never happens), careless production of medicine or improper dosage could cause the same results. And you haven't shown how it increases government power. Unless you think the vaccine contains nanobots that turn us into slaves.

[never said i was opposed to medicine..that's your assumption]
    Ok, but if you're advocating letting disease run it's course, but you take medicine, you're a hypocrite.
    [you misunderstand - nevermind..you take your mercury infused vaccine and see if that dispels your fears]
    Now look who's using fear.

And I'm *not* afraid, that's your assumption. This swine flu is not dangerous for healthy adults ( I learned that from the big bad media hype ), and I have no kids.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Newbie Member
    Your opinion is as valid as any others Toby.

I understand your need to defend what you believe to be true.

Fair enough.

Something to ponder:

http://www.apath.org/im_right_youre_wrong.html

Your opinion is as valid as any others Toby.

I understand your need to defend what you believe to be true.

Fair enough.

Something to ponder:

http://www.apath.org/im_right_youre_wrong.html
    Then don't accuse me of "falling for media hype" and being brainwashed!

You're jumping to conclusions and calling it "fact", and I pointed that out, that's all.
    Confirmed -

Newbie Member
    It basically comes down to...

Who's afraid of the swine flu?

You are. I am not.

Take your spoon fed medicine from your 'trusted' organisations.

Good luck.

You are. I am not.

Good luck.
    "This swine flu is not dangerous for healthy adults, and I have no kids."
    Confirmed -

You are. I am not.

Good luck.

if it is an conspiracy...how does it work?

who wins on it, who spreads the fear and how do they profit on it...and why does not other, competing pharmaceutical companies blow the whistle about the scam?

instead of more or less suggesting that those who do not believe in conspiracy are brainwashed or atleast naive, you could better spend your time informing us on the details on how exactly this all works...

Newbie Member

Suspension of belief.

It starts early..... Pavlov proved it works.

"You better watch out, you better not cry..blah/blah/blah... I'm tellin you why............Santa Claus is coming to town..."

Imagine my surprise when I discovered my Dad had been eating Santa's cookie offering each Xmas....covert ops.

As to the true meaning of Xmas other than Peace and Love (which should be daily...not once a year), there are many differing views.

Here is one persons version:

http://socyberty.com/holidays/santa-...delic-journey/

and btw Megalodon - that is what viruses do..they spread without my help...dangerous? if i sharpened a plastic knife it could be dangerous too....harden up....this thread is about people spreading their media inflated fears of swine flu which has killed a very small quota of the population comparitively with road accidents, wars and famine.

It starts early..... Pavlov proved it works.

"You better watch out, you better not cry..blah/blah/blah... I'm tellin you why............Santa Claus is coming to town..."

Imagine my surprise when I discovered my Dad had been eating Santa's cookie offering each Xmas....covert ops.

As to the true meaning of Xmas other than Peace and Love (which should be daily...not once a year), there are many differing views.

Here is one persons version:

http://socyberty.com/holidays/santa-...delic-journey/
    here is another...but final, theory of Santa and his existence...

"As a result of an overwhelming lack of requests, and with research help from that renowned scientific journal SPY magazine (January, 1990) - I am pleased to present the annual scientific inquiry into Santa Claus.

No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.
    Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seemes logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and etc.This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.
    The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal anount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth. 5.353,000 tons travelling at 650 miles per second creates enourmous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

In conclusion: If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now. "

this thread is about people spreading their media inflated fears of swine flu which has killed a very small quota of the population comparitively with road accidents, wars and famine.
    exactly...but you been confusing media hype with a world wide conspiracy.

the hype media focused on was the worst case scenario...this was never unrealistic and it still can become true, but the chance for it is quite slim.

viruses mutate all the time...from the first person infected in Mexico to the moment i got infected, it had mutated into a much milder version...but it could just as easily have mutated into a stronger version too.

its something we cant predict...if, by chance, the virus would have mutated and became so strong that it has the chance to kill healthy adults, we would have had the worst case scenario...we would not have enough vaccine to save all people in any country.
    but the chance for this to happen was just as big as the chance for it to become a light version of swine flu...

media, of course, makes money when people reads newspapers...and if the headline says "swine flu harmless" you wont propably even buy the paper since there is nothing to worry about....if, however, the headline is "swine flu is now a pandemy", you might buy the paper to see if your area is affected or how you can protect yourself or you kids....or you will buy the paper to see how the paper blows up the stupid hype.

but conspiracy...no, it is not.

Newbie Member

the truth is out there ;)

LMAO Pete!

and if he did actually cover that 15% workload of Santa worshipping minions he wouldn't be such a big boy.

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pete* View Post
    exactly...but you been confusing media hype with a world wide conspiracy.

but conspiracy...no, it is not.
    I am far from confused lol...I did state it was scam in my opinion.

Toby the assumer said my opinion was a conspiracy. (def. any fringe theory which explains a historical or current event as the result of a secret plot by conspirators of almost superhuman power and cunning.).wikipedia

I am merely dubious of the fact that millions of Americans were immunised against the 'swine' flu in the 70's and more died from the immunisation than the disease itself. (no mention of this on WHO news releases)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_swine_flu_outbreak

Not so many years ago Big Tobacco Companies said Cigarettes will enhance your life and Hardy industries said asbestos was safe.

Is it a conspiracy if I think these corporations are full of ****?

Is democracy fair when 51% out of 100 think they are on the right team?

No it is my opinion based on the facts that are available to me now.
    Last edited by scenergy; 11-17-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    "This swine flu is not dangerous for healthy adults, and I have no kids."
    I would suggest a little bit more research ! , its dangerous to everyone ! .
    esp since the virus has mutated to reject tamiflu ,ofcourse some have better resistance than others , but we had it at the start and now my wife has got it again and is serouilsy ill ,"can't move" doctors comming out asap ,its alot worse than the first time , that was just mild flu ,this is full blown ,in honesty im kinda worried , 3 kids under the age of 5 is not exactly filling with hope. .. . . . . .

39 people dead in Scotland "most with under-lying health issue " feken feed up hearing that . . . . . . what are the underlying issues ???????????????????????????????????????????????

PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    I would suggest a little bit more research ! , its dangerous to everyone ! .
    esp since the virus has mutated to reject tamiflu ,ofcourse some have better resistance than others , but we had it at the start and now my wife has got it again and is serouilsy ill ,"can't move" doctors comming out asap ,its alot worse than the first time , that was just mild flu ,this is full blown ,in honesty im kinda worried , 3 kids under the age of 5 is not exactly filling with hope. .. . . . . .

39 people dead in Scotland "most with under-lying health issue " feken feed up hearing that . . . . . . what are the underlying issues ???????????????????????????????????????????????

PEACE
    Alot of things - it's there on the NHS Direct website, along with the breakdown of the four groups invited to have the vaccine - heart disease, cancer, diabetes, chronic asthma, trashed immune systems for whatever reason.

All the best to you - I hope your wife gets through it OK, and your kids escape it further.

Julian.
    LW 2015.3 Win 10 Pro 64bit

http://www.take27.co.uk

Superb Doctor Confirmed , she's in a bad way , never seen her so ill and I'm starting to come down with MAN FLU ....quality ..........

I looked on NHS site ages ago my daughter has bad asthma ,and 40% of my imediate family have cancer .....

Lucky or what ?

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast