Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera Recomendations

I just installed Neo Scene a few days ago and that works good so far with avchd and the canon 5dmk2 file type. the only thing I wish is that it would look as good as it did playing back on widows media player. But i do beleive is renders out ok also. so its just the way SE displays it on its monitor.
    If its free then it wont cost anything, right?

the only thing so far is i cant change size of picture. if i do it turns all green and purple, very odd. I wish there was a batch converter for SE so i could render them with speed hq in SE. for 19min of video from my panasonic ag 150 it took about 9 min to pullof the card and convert with neo scene.
    I dont know if theres a better way yet.
    If its free then it wont cost anything, right?

ooops!
    Last edited by SCS5; 04-21-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet1onTheSet View Post
    Woah. With that use of the term "limited" being employed aren't you employing a twisted sort of irony here, Scorp?

Your crisp sarcasm has got my eyebrow raised with a smirk on my face.

Other than interpolated slo-mo, what, pray tell, are your favorite 3 "CPU-intensive tasks" that notable other NLEs are capable of performing, that we're not able to enjoy just yet, guy?

By the way, I trust you're in line for entrance into the NAB venue by now...no?
    Other Editing software that doesn't hobble itself with "real time only" have many more options for compositing, effects, better CG, plugins, Etc. SE has virtually NO support from any 3rd party plugin manufacturers. (Except Bob's stuff) We used to use Speed Razor and Avid, Speed Razor being my favorite, and there is NO COMPARISON between what we could do with S. R. compared to Speed Edit. It's getting to the point when I'm thinking of moving on......When's the last time we've seen any REAL progress in S.E.???? Years later it's still really 1.? Forget my V.T.5!!!!! D.O.A....5 channel audio,??, 3rd party plugins?, real effects, For SIMPLE (weddings, sports, home movies) editing projects S.E.'s fine, for REAL BROADCAST WORK, multi layered effects, complex animated cg ............Kind of a joke! As a matter of fact I was surprised at how much faster some of the "low-end" editors bundled with DVD burning software was than Speed Edit!!! And I could do CHAPTERS for the DVD!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCS5 View Post
    Other Editing software that doesn't hobble itself with "real time only" ...
    OR, looked at another way, 'that is largely unable to perform in realtime' at project resolution, color depth and frame rate ...

Your points about the value of a method to do some things (effects, for example) are not without merit, and have been discussed many times elsewhere in these forums ... but this thread began (and until now has remained) on the subject of cameras and AVCHD. I for one would be grateful if we could avoid turning it into a generic flaming rant, because AVCHD support is a subject I'm very much interested in. If you want to burn up some pixels just railing broadly on other matters, perhaps you wouldn't mind starting a separate thread for that?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Point taken, Sorry!!..Just frustrated with lack of progress!!. Including AVCHD support. I've recieved these frm other businesses thinking that it would be no problem dumping these in and editing..........Again, Low End editors support this!

Again, Low End editors support this!
    Now this statement, I am interested in. Please elaborate.

What low end editors have you tried that work natively with AVCHD, and by what mechanism. Do they require converse to an intermediate file, or is it simply 'drop in an AVCHD file and hit play'? If the latter, how well does it actually work? Stutter? Dropped frames? Reduced res/color/fps previews? Background rendering or 'conforming'? Or - again - can you just drop in a typical 1080i AVCHD clip and hit play with good results?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Cyberlink Power Director. Just load the files and start editing. Playback is very close to real time. And I can do chapters! I have to render the output, but that's for the final DVD.

Cyberlink Power Director. Just load the files and start editing. Playback is very close to real time. And I can do chapters! I have to render the output, but that's for the final DVD.
    What res are the files you're loading, and please explain 'playback'. Full-size, 30fps? Also, what sort of hardware are you running (cpu in particular)?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Files:full size 1080i.....Speed, 30 FPS? Don't know, but close. PC: HP Laptop Core Duo 1.8, 2 Gigs Ram. Not my main editing system. It's my Travel editing station.
    Last edited by SCS5; 04-21-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Interesting, thanks. I have their DVD player sw (basically bought it for the codecs), may buy a copy to test.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

You can download a free trial.

Almost every editing system sold let's you download free demo versions except SE.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/t...oad_en_US.html
    Dynamic Video Productions
    Mount Laurel NJ

Good point, thanks Rich.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Check and see if the trial is the ultra version, the Deluxe version doesn't seem to support AVCHD.
    Dynamic Video Productions
    Mount Laurel NJ

seems like there is a market for products to "make" ACHD 1080i fast enough to be practical????? I know nothing about ACHD but thought some on here might find interesting. Was on CREATIVE COW if anyone wants entire article.

Professional accelerator card for faster than realtime H.264 HD file creation

If you're a professional content creator delivering H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices, you need a fast, flexible, high quality encoding workhorse. Matrox CompressHD is the first implementation of Matrox MAX technology in an amazingly affordable H.264 accelerator card. It works in systems with or without a video I/O device and extends the life of your current system investment, giving you the power you need to deliver today's premium H.264 formats faster than ever.

Bob S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast