Thread: Moving a Clip or Still within a Crop

Moving a Clip or Still within a Crop

I'm trying to do something that I did all the time with the editor in VT2. Crop a clip or still, then move the image within the newly defined crop area using controls in the position panel called PAN x and y. These motions could be keyframed. You could even do size changes within the cropped area.

I've seen the post from 2007 called Crop Tracking which seems to be about the same topic, and hoped this feature had been returned to the editor. I used this feature alot and it will be a major pain if it is missing from SE.

The Ever Curious George Merick1209's Avatar
    Yeah, it's still around, only the name was changed. Check your tabs in the workspace for "Control Tree" and inside that tab for "Positioning". That should control your x & y axis to let you move your image around, or keyframe if you want. There are also controls for 3D positioning inside the Control Tree or Selected Clip Properties workspaces.

Hope this helps,
    George
    Violence is never the answer. Unless the question is "What is never the answer?" ... and then it is.

I dont believe that the pan x and y option within a crop area has been there for a long time. I have asked about this before and nada from NewTek.
    Don at VISIONaerie.com
    "What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." -- Oscar Levant