Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave CORE Page Updated - 2 Videos, 2 New Screenshots

LightWave CORE Page Updated - 2 Videos, 2 New Screenshots

The LightWave CORE Page has been updated with a couple new screenshots and two videos! Jay Roth takes a look at GPU subdivision surface support and selection, and Jarrod Davis takes a look at using the modifier stack in modeling operations.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Of all days you choose TODAY to post this? I just posted another rigging tutorial video. I've been core-blocked!!

Just kidding.. Thanks for posting this, I am eager to learn more core for shore.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

Sorry Carm, didn't you know? It was my suggestion in the CORE forums to wait until you posted another rigging tutorial. Chuck and Jay heartily agreed.

Ok, not really.

core blimey..looking neato!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

are we going to have to grab the widget to translate now, or is that going to be optional. Originally i hated not having one, but now i actually prefer not having to grab a widget to move geometry.

sorry if it was mentioned in the video my sound is broken

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Sorry Carm, didn't you know? It was my suggestion in the CORE forums to wait until you posted another rigging tutorial. Chuck and Jay heartily agreed.
    A Corespiracy! I knew it!
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

looks like people arn't seeing this post!..or the vids!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Looks smoothly running but I get a feeling that the application is now aimed for organic modeling. Where's all the numeric info ?Does it have coordinate rounding & quad view ? Is it really good for accurate hard surface modeling ? Is it just an "engineering skin" that lacks stuff ?
    Last edited by Ågrén; 03-25-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ågrén View Post
    Looks smoothly running but I get a feeling that the application is now aimed for organic modeling. Where's all the numeric info ?Does it have coordinate rounding & quad view ? Is it really good for accurate hard surface modeling ? Is it just an "engineering skin" that lacks stuff ?
    I'd say it's just an engineering skin that lacks stuff.
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

Quote Originally Posted by multipass View Post
    are we going to have to grab the widget to translate now, or is that going to be optional. Originally i hated not having one, but now i actually prefer not having to grab a widget to move geometry.

sorry if it was mentioned in the video my sound is broken
    I think you're going to want to have a widget, especially if it has more action center options.

Looks good so far....I love the selection methods.

Just a question about the instancing video. Can you limit which instance gets updated and which doesn't when modifying the master object...or does the change affect all clones.

Can you add a randomize modifier/filter to each clone that will filter the amount of change it gets from the master parent. Eg. say you create a tree model and you clone it 30 times, can you randomize the height of each clone, the branch thickness and branch twists...number of leaves etc. So you end up with 31 different or slightly different trees instead of exact copies. And can this be done with a modifier/filter instead of doing it by hand.

Kuzey

In the modifier stack video - can it be there's over 4 minutes of black screen at the end? That's what VLC indicates, dunno, if this is a glitch in VLC.
    If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by StereoMike View Post
    In the modifier stack video - can it be there's over 4 minutes of black screen at the end? That's what VLC indicates, dunno, if this is a glitch in VLC.
    I got that as well with the QuickTime player...looks like someone forgot to check the video before uploading it.

Kuzey

Quote Originally Posted by StereoMike View Post
    No, there are 4 minutes of black. I guess its now official NewTek style to mess something up in every presentation.
    3DGrafikvonBehr
    Sys: 2x Mac Pro, 8x 2.8 Ghz, GeForce 8800 GT, 10 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.5 and Vista Business 64

The audio was also a few seconds out of sync for me.
    Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast