Thread: going live with 3D arsenal???

Newbie Member

going live with 3D arsenal???

Can it be done? Will it be done on the 1.5 or the new 2.0 upgrades?

Would you need Lightwave to do it or could you do it with just a stand alone version of 3D Arsenal?

Can you do the graphics on the front of a live stream?

Starting like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZLkJEiYKcw

Ending like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJwp0...eature=related

Cheers

James S Welling
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Speedy_Sticks; 03-14-2009 at 03:28 PM.

You can definitly create these types of graphics with 3D Arsenal as it is but these would all have to be pre-rendered before the show.
    Don Ballance
    Director of Training for NewTek
    Co-creator of Newtek's Award Winning 3D Arsenal

[email protected]

Newbie Member

Working on a Sunday!?

Would their be a way of doing the graphic and then saving it as some sort of movie file, then playing it at the time I need to have the graphic which would then flash up on the live show?

Cheers

James
    [email protected]

yes,
    From 3D Arsenal you can render an avi with alpha.
    This can then be used in a ddr in the TriCaster as an overlay and played whenever you want.
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

Newbie Member
    Could u find out if above would work with adobe visual communicator 3?

I don't know the product.
    If it will use a movie file with alpha channel it should work but I am un-familiar with comm 3.
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

Newbie Member
    Can you use 3d arsenal without having to buy lightwave?

Not in a useful way, no.

I don't do one line replies. But if you only wanted a one line answer with a footnote, then ignore the rest.

You could stagger the purchase by picking up the content-only version of 3D Arsenal and using a NewTek demo-download or magazine coverdisc demo of LW (7.5 or greater, but greater also means a slight bit more system-admin awareness of LW to get the installation going, but it is all documented if you are eager). You'll be unable to create anything until you make that next larger purchase.

Staggering the purchase is a poor decision really as the version of LW+3DA is set at a killer price that you'd be precluded from with a content-only purchase. It is what I bought and while I have access to a newer version on my VT suite, I'm not good enough with LW to make proper use of it.

If the economics are very important then I'd take a look at the local colleges and see if they have a Lightwave course available. If they do then you may qualify for the educational discount on the LW portion. 3DA content isn't yet available with an educational format as it is a training suite to a large extent. You'll not be able to use any of your work commercially until you upgrade and that won't be possible until 6 months after you've registered your products with NewTek.

LW+3DA is a shin up for your production values with regards to computer generated media. Sure, another guy may have the same tools but NewTek have made 3DA to be entirely adjustable (once you get used to the regular workflow with it). So you don't feel limited or like you are cheating very quickly into the use of the toolset.

Recommended, and hopefully with another update you may well qualify for cheaply or for gratis, coming very soon. (very soon based on a celestial measurement rather than your wristwatch )

The full version of 3D Arsenal for 495 comes with LightWave 7.5.
    It's ready to rock!
    Don Ballance

[email protected]

Newbie Member

Lightbulb

yes,
    From 3D Arsenal you can render an avi with alpha.
    This can then be used in a ddr in the TriCaster as an overlay and played whenever you want.

Could you please do a tutorial explaining how you do this for people with little Lightwave knowledge. Since I foresee alot of people who may wish to do these graphics for their internet TV channels on mogulus.tv, justin.tv, and ustream.tv

Also could you do a tutorial on how to do simple shapes like squares etc and how to add them to your scenes.

Cheers

James S Welling
    [email protected]