Thread: MP4 capture?

MP4 capture?

How does one capture of import mp4 format video from a sharp camcorder with usb cable? including the audia. This camera has no tape just memory. and no firewire.
    Donn
    Don at VISIONaerie.com
    "What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." -- Oscar Levant

Event Photo and Video Seattle-HotShot's Avatar
    Typically you don't "capture" these, its a file transfer. You could probably still play the video out the analog port though and capture it if you had a VT system.

Not sure that helps?

Carlin
    Carlin Comm
    BlueStar Productions
    carlincomm.com
    http://twitter.com/carlincomm

Technical Account Manager
    SpeedEDIT cannot capture DV over USB, you likely should be able to go into My Computer and access the camera directly as if it were an external storage device and copy the files onto your local drive.

If you have issues with it I would recommend visiting the Sharp forums or posting the specific model of camera you're using to record with so we might better help.
    Dan Parker
    I know stuff about NewTek stuff

I am new here...
    Most probably, this camcorder is a consumer MP4 AVC/H.264 format (I guess, it is similar to this Sony camcorder: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/..._webhd_gglsrch - see specs for video...)

You can transfer clips via the USB 2.0 port but I doubt they will play on a SE timeline - at this time SpeedEDIT does not support AVCHD codec (compare to MP4 MPEG-2 format from an EX-1 camcorder, which is supported...)
    Thanks.

If you find that it's not supported, you can use a batch processor like SUPER to covert it to a format that is.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by billmi View Post
    If you find that it's not supported, you can use a batch processor like SUPER to covert it to a format that is.
    I just updated Super and they've added several new things. The program still works the same, but the conversion types have expanded. Uninstall old Super before installing the new update.

You will need to follow several pages until you find the download. They will not let a direct link copy and paste. www.erightsoft.net

Free is always good.

fwiw
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Thanks to your recommendation, Kilo, I've found SUPER to be one of those utilities I can't live without. It makes an excellent companion to SpeedEdit and you can't beat the price.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.