Thread: DFX+ and parallel dongle

Do not Write In This Area

DFX+ and parallel dongle

I have seen conflicting information about DFX+ and whether it will work with a parallel port dongle or if it needs the USB dongle. For anyone else wondering about this, I have just installed, registered, and used DFX+ with the parallel dongle. No need to swap them if you don't want to. Thanks to Marvin Miller at Newtek's CS for clearing this up for me.
    Cory

Custom built 3930K OC'd to 4.25GHz. 64GB ram. SSD system and cache drives. EVGA 680 GTX 4GB video.

Newbie Member
    Hello Cory,

Did you have the problem that after installing DFX+ it couldn't start because it complained about not finding "a dongle"?

I have a parallel dongle from my LW 5.6. I recently got my upgrade package for LW7.5 & DFX+.

The upgrade to LW7.5 went smooth.

However after installing DFX+, I started the program getting a dialog box with the message "No Dongle Found" where the S/N of the software is supposed to appear.

In my package I got 2 LW7.5 upgrade CDs (Win/Mac), DFX+ CD & Courseware DVD, and two manuals (DFX+ Reference Manual & DFX+ Courseware guide).

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice I can get while I contact support,
    Lalin

Do not Write In This Area
    Hi Lalin,

No, I installed two copies without any problems. My home copy came with it's own dongle and my work copy hooked to the LW parallel dongle.

One thing you might want to try is to re-install your sentinel drivers. See this thread - http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthre...ntinel+drivers
    Cory

Custom built 3930K OC'd to 4.25GHz. 64GB ram. SSD system and cache drives. EVGA 680 GTX 4GB video.

Newbie Member
    Thanks you sooo much Cory,

That link shows a very similar situation to what I am experiencing.

Lalin