Thread: PIP and LiveSet Generator

Newbie Member

PIP and LiveSet Generator

I've spent the last days trying to find out how to make a PIP for my TRC Pro 2.0. In the forums this question/problem seems to be common, but no really god answer or solution is to be found. After some reading on the Internet I found out that you need for example LiteWave and a plugin called LiveSet Generator to create this function. I downloaded a Tryout LW9.3.1 (since I could only find a LS Creator for that version). After many hours I managed to create a PIP. I'm not sure I did it the right way but it looks like it could work. But now to my problem. I made a PIP with a small window down in the right corner, for my scoreboard. The problem is that the scaled picture is very bad and it seem like the checkpattern from the tranparency is in a way splitting up the image. I haven't found a good intruction for how to do this. I don't have Aura or any other program to use. The only thing I whant is to be able to make a simple PIP. Please help!

Sounds like you possibly have the camera set to too low of an anti-aliasing value when you render the LiveSet.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

Newbie Member
    Thank's for a quick reply. Since I'm really a novice at these programs I wonder if you could tell me where you make these settings? Is it in LiteWave or in the LiveSet Generator. I thought you didn't have to render the "file" when you used the LW Generator?

Last edited by Producenten; 03-02-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Technical Account Manager
    Changes to anti-aliasing can be made in the Camera Properties window, by default however these should be off (with all options off or on lowest setting). The checkerboard pattern is probably because you're in Discovery Mode which watermarks anything you render out (you may not use Render Scene or Render Frame, but it still renders nonetheless). You need to contact Customer Service at [email protected] to get out of Discovery Mode.

If your image is being split it may be dependent on how you have the LiveSet Surface procedural Scale options set to. You may want to adjust these settings in the Texture Editor under the Scale tab if you're losing any video from your input source (if you click on "Automatic Sizing" it should scale it to fit the geometry appropriately). Also make sure to check that the Crop U/D/L/R options are set to 0.
    Dan Parker
    I know stuff about NewTek stuff

Greetings to all.
    www.UltimateTV.es offers users a free Liveset PIP.
    We think that this is a basic utility for all.
    Those who wish to download the liveset PIP. MUST fill out a form. Our desire is to raise awareness. www.ultimateTV.es and to give users Tricaster / VT5 LiveSet PIP.

Link:
    http://www.ultimatetv.es/encuesta.html

Hope will be useful to everyone.
    And enjoy this gift.