Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: More from the CORE...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Elitest club? In the 9.x beta, you could not view the forums UNLESS you had version 9.x and subscribed to the forum. It's the VERY same thing here. You UPGRADE to CORE and get into the alpha/beta forum. Plain and simple.
    i agree...only this time, you get a 300$ discount on LW/CORE for entering the beta testing group.

it doesnt have to be called hardcore..its basically just prepurchase group/ beta tester group.

edit: im not a hardcorer...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by *Pete* View Post
    if we just calm down, end the wildest speculation and re-read Jays posts a few more times, look at the screenshots a few more times with more investigating eyes, we may find that while CORE wont be LW 9.6, it is likely to be a close relative to it.
    i think i'm just gonna keep responding with these quotes from jay roth:

"For now, our primary focus for LightWave CORE will be in the modeling environment. We have had so many ideas for modeling in the past, but we really needed the CORE architecture to take it to a whole new level. Of course, CORE is capable of anything, but we did need to start somewhere -- modeling was a good choice, and modeling will be the primary focus for the LightWave CORE release later this year."

(bold is mine)

and

"I can say, with certainty, that the Q4 release will not have all of the features of LightWave v9.6. In many cases, CORE will offer features beyond those of LightWave v9.6, but not in all cases. LightWave v9.6 was made very robust and feature rich in anticipation of a transition period between the old and new technologies. What CORE will not address in the Q4 time frame is addressed by the original LightWave, and as much as we can, CORE will offer a good interchange with the original LightWave."

jin

Quote Originally Posted by geothefaust View Post
    Yeah, pretty sweet. Plus notice that is on a dinky laptop. On a work station that is meant to churn out alot of polys... Imagine how many you could crank out with a great video card.
    Heh, that laptop is far from dinky.

Does the red button on your avatar and the construction band has something to do with CORE? Maybe some hint about the new interfaces to chemical analysis machines or idbadge reading?
    It's not impossible, just unlikely.

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jin choung View Post

Red

I'm going to keep saving my anticipation for the first CORE release by the end of Q1.

I enjoy learning from posts with CORE design requirements / parameters / questions seeing implicitly how others take advantage of LW, and nowadays especially so the LW dev team has the best informed chance at ensuring the rewrite includes those features that matter.

-Nick

P.S. It is late. To sleep, perchance to dream ...
    Last edited by ncr100; 02-22-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added jinatar
    -Nick
    audio: Ö ¤ wk Py

Very true GraphX, some of us screwed up,...
    if we look over again at the CORE VIDEO, we find this...

04:25
    "LW CORE is so deep, that today we are only able to show you a small part..."
    13:10
    "The tools you like still work the same way"
    13:25
    "Today in this presentation, we have only scratched the surface of Lightwave CORE"
    13:30
    "In coming presentations we will show you other aspects of Lightwave CORE,
    such as, Lighting, Surfacing, Rendering, Animation, and more..."
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

But also read what Jay said here, clarifies a couple of things,...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=204

_

"For now, our primary focus for LightWave CORE will be in the modeling environment. We have had so many ideas for modeling in the past, but we really needed the CORE architecture to take it to a whole new level. Of course, CORE is capable of anything, but we did need to start somewhere -- modeling was a good choice, and modeling will be the primary focus for the LightWave CORE release later this year."

(bold is mine)
    [...]

jin
    I'm happily not saying anything because it seems to me that both groups are thinking and saying pretty much the same thing with the exception of the scope that each group likes to give to qualifiers. In this case, however, because of the bold, I'm wondering if we all agree that "later this year" means "end of March". I think the second (clarification) post pushed this interpretation. (I'm not going to say "strongly pushed" because qualifiers are dangerous here.)

Quote Originally Posted by JCG View Post
    I'm happily not saying anything because it seems to me that both groups are thinking and saying pretty much the same thing with the exception of the scope that each group likes to give to qualifiers. In this case, however, because of the bold, I'm wondering if we all agree that "later this year" means "end of March". I think the second (clarification) post pushed this interpretation. (I'm not going to say "strongly pushed" because qualifiers are dangerous here.)
    lol... : )

exactly right. they say it's more than modeler. as i said earlier, the question becomes how much more is more. some say more more, others say not much more.

as i say, they seem to give out just enough ammunition to create a really spirited hermeneutics battle.

jin

Some of you are so funny dreamers. Please think about how many weeks are left until end of March! There is not much time left. Please be a bit more realistic with your hopes and optimism!
    And "Later this Year" cannot be quarter 1 of a year. This would be "Early this Year".

But maybe I am off because English is not my mother tongue.

and modeling will be the primary focus for the LightWave CORE release later this year."

and

What CORE will not address in the Q4 time frame is addressed by the original LightWave, and as much as we can, CORE will offer a good interchange with the original LightWave."

jin
    i cut your quotations to shorten them.

anyway, ill counter your quotes from Jay with my quotes from Jay.

"Actually, no, that is not confirmed at all. The issue with LWS files are the plug-ins are not going to work in CORE.So, its better to say that LWS files will be partially supported, though to what extent we cannot yet say."

and

"Will there be features in the Q1 release that are not modeling-specific? Yes;as you have seen we are showing a light in the outline panel, as well as a camera."

and

"The CORE allows everything to be animated"

im still claiming that CORE can render and animate by Q4.
    some (not you) are arguing that is is a modeller only..i mean, ONLY a modeller, no render, no animate, nothing BUT modeller.

i do not expect a full package, in fact..im half prepared to be working with 9.6 still two years from today, but i do not for a second believe that NT would release a modeller only application and ask 1495$ for it from new users.

the speculation i was refering to, was one that was fueled by what you quoted...that CORE is focusing (only?) on modeller, and that the "interchange with old LW" refers to us simply replacing modeller of LW with CORE, rendering and animating on old layout.

i can see why people would think so, specially when in speculative panic mode...perhaps im speculating on the other direction, hoping for more than is possible, i dont know..but really, i do not believe in too far of from the truth when i say it will have the 9.6 renderer built in.
    Last edited by *Pete*; 02-22-2009 at 03:55 AM.

yup, my post at the top of this page should clearly proof that in addition to Modeling,
    it will have Lighting, Surfacing, Rendering, Animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Geppert View Post
    Some of you are so funny dreamers. Please think about how many weeks are left until end of March! There is not much time left. Please be a bit more realistic with your hopes and optimism!
    And "Later this Year" cannot be quarter 1 of a year. This would be "Early this Year".

But maybe I am off because English is not my mother tongue.
    no problems about the language, most of us are not native english speakers.

perhaps there is some confusion regarding the release date.
    what will come out at Q1, (before march 31) will not be the final release of CORE.
    it will be an unfinished product that those who wish can help to beta test, in other words, to kill bugs, to test the functionality of features and so on.

when they speak about CORE 1.0 that will be released at Q4, december 31 as latest, it will be the product that is built between now and then, a large number of beta testers (hardcore membership) will help to get an as stable and functional CORE as possible at that time.

i think the fewest of us will expect an all in one wonder package in a few weeks, but we do expect an absolutely usable and functional package at the end of the year.

now, had i not participated in the 9.x betas, i perhaps would also doubt..but the development speed was massive, specially from 9.0 to 9.2, the improvements made was like day and night.

and now when NT says that they build a new "core" that will allow them to code faster and implement new things easier, i can say that by a carefull expectation based on that, id expect atleast the same development speed as from 9.0 to 9.2.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    the question becomes how much more is more. some say more more, others say not much more.
    Aye, the definition of 'much' is pretty much (groan) up there with the definition of 'soon'.

Quote Originally Posted by *Pete* View Post
    when NT says that they build a new "core" that will allow them to code faster and implement new things easier, i can say that by a carefull expectation based on that, id expect atleast the same development speed as from 9.0 to 9.2.
    I tend to agree, if you make the claim your development speed can be increased, well, sorta stands to reason one would expect proof of that increase to be visible in the application in terms of functionality.
    Last edited by colkai; 02-22-2009 at 05:32 AM.
    Too old to die young.

*Pete*
    when they speak about CORE 1.0 that will be released at Q4, december 31 as latest, it will be the product that is built between now and then, a large number of beta testers (hardcore membership) will help to get an as stable and functional CORE as possible at that time.
    That's right. and I suggest if there is a screen grabs and vedio treats for that who are out of hardcore membership and for 3d atists other than lighwave user who want to join lightwave core.

Page 34 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast