Thread: It's a good day to die

It's a good day to die

This is a fan animation for a MMORPG, and mostly a tryout in animation, compose and clipmaking as a whole. It is finished already, as I feel that I would not touche it any further. But I would still like some feedback to work over mistakes in future.

link here:
    www.artkora.com/UFwar.mov

this is a LQ edition, optimised for quick start and good streaming.

Some of the lasers seem to fire slowly. The ship textures seem too clean on some of the ships. I would reduce the engine flames to be shorter. Also, speed up the fighters.
    Not failiar with the game, so I'm not sure what the scales are.

I did like the missiles firing and hitting the ship..but then blowing stuff up is fun..hehe.

How long did it take?
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Well, all in all, since I had almost all models made already for the game imagepack, it took me about 3 weeks to set up scenes, render and compose them into a movie.

As to engine trails, yes, most people tell me that they are the worst part here, after some poor materials, so I'll start a "work over mistakes" thread soon to play with different settings (as soon as I'll accumulate ore feedback and, possibly advices on "how to fix" something as well).

As to speed up the fighters - I'm afraid I must to ask you to explain this bit which ones?

There are smaller loking ships that doing most of the shooting..they seem to fly slowly..you might wanna speed 'em up a little, and maybe add in some acrobatic rolls and such..just to spice things up bit.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970