Thread: FiberFX & Bones.

FiberFX & Bones.

I'm try a few tests with FiberFX and I'm liking it so far with just one problem.

I tried rigging up a simple character with fur and bones (modelled in modeller with subpatches - across two layers and with an single morph map).

I brought him into layout fuzzed him up. Tested the morph though a simple animation and all was well.

Now though I've set his leg moving and the fur seems to stay in whatever position the leg was in when the first frame was rendered (the model is moving and breaks through the fur "shell").

I've found that when I move to a different frame it only seems to deform the fur applied if I deactivate FiberFX, then reactivate it and reload my settings.

Is there some setting I can change so that I can render my animation in one go?

This was happening to me back in 9.5. I seem to recall that turning on the fibers in opengl made it work.

Worked like a charm, thanks Larry!

Dont ask me why it works. Its a bug IMO and a dumb one. I had hoped that stuff like that would have been fixed by now.